Love in the MMO world

Options
TNoire
TNoire Posts: 642 Member
Anyone ever meet a special someone online?
Marry them? date them ? still with them?

Personally I met my hubby online back in 2004 playing City of heroes didn't know it....
Our friend we met online introduced us we chatted online for 8 months and over the phone too
He then drove 14hrs to Canada on Valentines weekend (where I was from), & he was driving from Missouri & asked me to marry him we then got married Valentines day 2005
Then after that we didn't realize we teamed before in game til after we got married when all his friends where like OMG we know you and hes like ...... yeah so do I ... I kicked you from the team when your friend got us all killed even tho it wasn't your fault it was your friend but you where friends with them....... yeahhh

:embarassed:

Replies

• Serenavictoria
    Serenavictoria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I met my ex husband (great guy btw, but we didn't work out unfortunately) online. And technically I moved across the country for a friend I met online (our friendship didn't last either... Turns out we didn't mesh well. I don't like drinking, she loves it, I was no fun).

I think meeting people online is so much easier then in real life. Its easier to talk to people, for some reason, for me. I have deep friendships I have developed through RPing online. It gives you a chance to meet wonderful people whom you probably wouldn't have became friends with because of the way they look or something.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on Everquest. He came to see me from Canada. His parents thought he joined a cult. My parents thought I was going to be raped or murdered. Turned out ok, we've been together for like 8 yrs =)
  • TNoire
    Options
    I met my husband on Everquest. He came to see me from Canada. His parents thought he joined a cult. My parents thought I was going to be raped or murdered. Turned out ok, we've been together for like 8 yrs =)

awesome congratz =)
    My step mom was yelling "she don't know him why is she marrying him"
    My grandparents where kinda worried
    My dad acted like he didn't care
    My friends thought I was totally insane

But we just celebrated 7yrs on Feb 14th

Some people just don't know what there talking about we are careful :love:
  • marasw
    marasw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online and before we were able to move in together we played Phantasy Star Online together. Now MMOing is still a huge part of our relationship. We will be married 4 years next week!
  • TNoire
    Options
    I met my husband online and before we were able to move in together we played Phantasy Star Online together. Now MMOing is still a huge part of our relationship. We will be married 4 years next week!

congratz!! =D
    here is to many more!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met on WoW back in 2006! We started dtaed in 2007 and married in 2009! :)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Single here, but seemingly a third or so of the people I talked to a lot in EQ met their significant others playing EQ.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Met my current bf on LotRO. It's still really new so no romantic knight-in-shining-armor stories... yet. SUPER long-distance, but we'll see what happens :smile:
  • johnnythrash
    johnnythrash Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I met a girl on WoW back in the day...I went up to see her, let's just say things didn't work out lol
  • bregalad5
    Options
    I met a girl on WoW back in the day...I went up to see her, let's just say things didn't work out lol

Yeah it seems like a coin flip. either it works out awesomely or horribly. I know people on both sides of the spectrum... really hard to know which way it'll go, but hey worth a shot, right?
  • johnnythrash
    johnnythrash Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Yeah it seems like a coin flip. either it works out awesomely or horribly. I know people on both sides of the spectrum... really hard to know which way it'll go, but hey worth a shot, right?

agreed!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Met my current bf on LotRO. It's still really new so no romantic knight-in-shining-armor stories... yet. SUPER long-distance, but we'll see what happens :smile:

I knew I'll find you in this thread. Too CUTE ^^^

I think it's cute when people meet online because they of a similar interest like playing MMO. So adorable!
  • TNoire
    Options
    yeah with hubby & I now if we are not playing games on the wii together its a browser game called Pardus and its free only really thing hes got time for anymore and we can't sit and play it all day cause its based on action points, its better then nothing really and when we are not doing that we are watching movies and/or reading comics =)

we have a lot in common we have had people tell us that only thing that separates us is the female/male diff

when we first met we emptied our wallets and we both carried the same coin same year and it looked the same, his friend said it was meant to be :love:
  • bregalad5
    Options
    I knew I'll find you in this thread. Too CUTE ^^^

Haha :tongue:
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I dated someone on The Sims Online when I was like 16/17. I met my current Fiance in college; but, I know a lot of people that have married or fell in love with their current bf/gf on MMO's.
  • Rewinds
    Options
    I met my partner 2 years ago on WoW. We've just bought an apartment together and planning to get married in a couple of years after I graduate :)
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My wife won't even play frogger, she hates out door rock climbing ( i love it), she hates powerlifting (i love it), She hates foreign films or anything that isn't a chick flick, only likes country/soft rock, says she hates protein based foods, and doesn't understand meme's.... why did i get married again?
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    One of my freinds met his now wife on WoW, which is quite sweet really :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Never again.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Fine for casual encounters... IME.