Group Challenge #2 - Find Yourself a Partner (February 2012)

Options

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    So today is my first day of doing the challenge. I burned 632 calories (per HRM) doing circuit training. My regular calorie intake goal is 1500 calories. I may have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn.

Ok, so here are my numbers for today. first number is actual and second is daily goal. I need more fiber but I think I had a kickass day. I even managed a small chunk of dark chocolate and a few pieces of bacon.

Calories: 1282/2132
    Carbs: 94/186
    Fat: 50/71
    Protein: 150/186
    Fiber: 13/34
    Sodium: 1988/2500

That is all for today.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Alright Happy Tuesday all!! I'm having a bit of a rough day as it started out with a Dr visit for my husband, back breaks on my suburban need changing & now we are dropping a fortune on a hot water heater being installed! All I want to do is crawl into a corner & eat a lot! I haven't been on my walk yet either because we are getting so much done at home.

I have been guzzling water and now tearing up a smoothie but I can't promise I won't put a hurtin on something fattening!!
    Hope everyone else's day is going well!! You got this, either that or take the day back!! Get Yours!!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Alright Happy Tuesday all!! I'm having a bit of a rough day as it started out with a Dr visit for my husband, back breaks on my suburban need changing & now we are dropping a fortune on a hot water heater being installed! All I want to do is crawl into a corner & eat a lot! I haven't been on my walk yet either because we are getting so much done at home.

I have been guzzling water and now tearing up a smoothie but I can't promise I won't put a hurtin on something fattening!!
    Hope everyone else's day is going well!! You got this, either that or take the day back!! Get Yours!!

The fact that you started with "Happy Tuesday" considering your day should prove that you don't need "something fattening" to stay positive or get through it!! Power forward!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Well thank you Vader!! I hope your Tuesday went well! We are having some crazy wind here in Northern California and it makes it hard to move outside. Me & B (my dog) got about 3 miles in without being blown away. Hopefully I will get some gym time in later.Have a great Wednesday All and make it a good one!!
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It was a gorgeous day here in NY - high 67 so tempting not to go to the gym. I actually dd a scary thing and went to the gym and on the elliptical. Not suppose to yet because my foot is still healing, but man do I miss the workouts. It felt so good even though my right foot was aching, I think I'm okay I did the RICE trick and I don't have CONSTANT pain.

You really don't know what you miss until it's taken away from you, I will never take walking normal granted ever again!

Have a great week eeryone :)
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Ok, so here is what I'm looking at so far this week (Sun-Wed)

My calorie allotment is 6000 for the 4 days.

I have taken in 5301....a 699 deficit.

I have burned 1055 through exercise giving me 1754 calorie deficit. I wonder what the scale will say tomorrow.

Oh, and I haven't gone over my sodium once and my water intake has been at or above the 8 glasses.
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Today ended up okay as I stole an extra hour during my hike-my husband texted me asking if I was okay! It was beautiful! So tonight Im trying really hard not to eat those hard earned calories back! Hope everyone is resting nicely & will have a great weekend!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Not a lot of action going on here. Are people doing the PM or news feed thing instead????
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    This is "Pi" group reporting:

Went to the gym today and cleaned the house! With the calories I burned, I went over my exercise goal - yipee!!
    I can't do the treadmill or elliptical yet, from the looks of things it might be another 1 or 2 months. It depend on the brace I just got to help stretch my soleus muscles, maybe that will make a difference and I'll be able to have a REAL workout!!

My partner, Bekzness will be posting soon! She's had a lot on her plate and still managed to get a workout in - Go Becky!!!

Kathy
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Not a lot of action going on here. Are people doing the PM or news feed thing instead????
    Glad I'm not alone! I say until we hear from others we can all continue to have this supportive party right here!
    Today turned out okay considering I over at once again but I got in almost a 1000 calorie burn. My dog and I did some c25k this morning so that went well. And I am enjoying my group challenge partner sarBelgians and we are supporting eachother.

Now lets make Tuesday a great one!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    (crickets)
    Hey where'd you guys go? Im lonely.....come back!
    Hee hee, I hope your day was fabulous!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I'm still here!!! yesterday was ok food wise but my carbs were a little high and not enough protein. My stomach isn't reacting well with big jumps in protein so I intentionally went low yesterday. I'll now try to raise it gradually. didn't log exercise but spent 75 minutes coaching street hockey!

We shall see how today goes. I know I'm having chicken for dinner so I'll plan around that.

I hate crickets!
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    Pi group reporting

Went to Planet Fitness 3x in a row! I can only do the bike for now, but I pushed it to 30 minutes. Tomorrow I hope to increase this to 40 min, or maybe work it little more on the strength exercises.

I've went over in my food diary on Tuesday, but today I stayed under. Gotta balance that out!

Crickets are icky.......
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    having a hard time eating because everything feels stuck at the top of my stomach and I bloat right out. I was eating well at beginning of the week but really forcing food down. I've even tried eating a few not healthy things hoping that it would at least trigger my appetite and digestion. Nothing is working. My water intake has been high (except today) and the only times I've felt decent has been when I drank a soda (burping felt fantastic).

That's all for now.

Maybe I should eat the crickets that are around this thread!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Great job at Planet Fitness & I'm so sorry about the stomach problems. I do not think Crickets are acceptable protein. Ick! (crunch crunch crunch)

I'm very proud of myself for my 3rd night in a row of kepping my calories down & most importantly logging my late night snacks. I will lose this weight. Thanks guys for keeping me company!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Started feeling a little better yesterday. I've been painting like a mad man..not sure of the calorie burn but it has to burn something, right?

I only ate twice yesterday. Breakfast was good (eggs, wheat toast) but my lunch/supper was a small cheese pizza. I still slept!!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Also, 100g of crickets has:

121 calories,
    12.9 grams of protein,
    5.5 g. of fat,
    5.1 g. of carbohydrates,
    75.8 mg. calcium,
    185.3 mg. of phosphorous,
    9.5 mg. of iron,
    0.36 mg. of thiamin,
    1.09 mg. of riboflavin
    3.10 mg. of niacin.

So what do you say...wanna go halves???
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    ummm....it is tempting to go halves on the crickets. Lots of protein, iron, and calcium but too much fat content think I'll pass :happy:
    You did great on getting a good breakfast in after not feeling well, and painting is a great strength exercise!!
    lstnlondry - that is an accomplishment, it's so easy not to track especially late night snacking!

This was a weekend I traveled, so I didn't get to go to the gym or work in the yard. Kind of hard anyway cuz I'm wearing a "black support boot" on my good leg (not the one I had surgery on which is preventing me from walking down the step like normal). It's okay, I'm working on different muscle because no way am I going to be a couch potato - the weather is too gorgeous here in NY!!!!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Today we went to a pancake breakfast at my son's school. I had 3 pancakes and bacon. No lunch to to breakfast being so late. Dinner was a chicken breast and some stuffing. Took the boys to the playground and then did about 2 1/2 hours of yard work. I'm sure I"m under today.

Hope your traveling was recreational!

Beautiful here in Mass too!

Hernia surgery tomorrow at 3:15 so I won't be getting in any exercise this week. I can't eat after Midnight!!!!! um, thats 15 hours plus I won't eat until well after surgery so....this sucks!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Best of luck with surgery!
    So we got his Monday started with a walk in the sun! Today I tried prelogging my meals for the day & we'll see how that goes. Wishing all Dewers a productive Monday. & a peaceful week!