Long run in Toronto - trails/paths?

Options
bert16
bert16 Posts: 726 Member
Does anyone happen to be from the Toronto area? I grew up there, but haven't lived there for 20 years... I'm going home for a visit in a few weeks and need to get a 20 miler in. My parents live in the Islington/Eglinton area, so I was thinking of joining up with the path along Eglinton Ave., but there are a ton of lights to deal with. Does anyone have any suggestions for paths or trails with fewer stoplights / traffic for a long run? I'm fine with a 10 mile out and 10 mile back, a 20 mile loop, something else... just looking to avoid traffic stops as much as possible and not get lost in a super convoluted path.

Replies

• thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have not had much running experience in Toronto, but if you use mapmyrun, you can view routes that people have shared for any mileage you choose. I have provided a link where I selected toronto for 20 miles. I do not know if you have to create an account to view it or not.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/?
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much - I hadn't thought of that! I used to use MapMyRun before I got my Garmin. I appreciate the idea & link!
  • pcastillon
    pcastillon Posts: 13
    Options
    What a great link!! Thanks much!!!