Carbs info

Options
Miss_curvy
Miss_curvy Posts: 77 Member
Hey, I love low carb diet but i dont know how many grams are enough to consume a day... i wanna ask your opinion and suggestions, im new on it :)

Replies

• ShilohMaier
    Options
    Well, if you are trying to lose more than 20 pounds, you would start at 20 net grams a day. Net grams are total carbs. minus fiber, and sugar alcohol (if it's in whatever you're eating- mostly you'll find it in sugar free products). If you are trying to lose under 20 pounds, you can start out higher, like 30 grams a day. The best resource for low-carb diet info though, would be the Atkins website. It has instructions/recommendations for living a low-carb lifestyle. And it's free :happy: . Even if you don't necessarily want to "do" Atkins, the site still has a ton of great info & yummy recipes.
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You can also sign up on the Atkins site and they will send you a few samples of their bars, a quick start guide, a menu guide, and a handy little pocket carb count guide. I keep that sucker with me everywhere I go - it is VERY helpful! Check out their website and the plan - LOTS of great info there!
  • ShilohMaier
    Options
    :smile: I have my pocket carb guide in my purse right now