When to start?

Options
kyunda
kyunda Posts: 340 Member
Hey ladies so this was my last week of Turbo Fire and i loved it! Even though i didnt workout much this week because i've been a little under the weather. But i have just got my Chalean Extreme and my selecttech weights.I'm a little scared about starting the program because i am a cardio junkie! I am so scared that since have just finished TF that CLX is going to be boring cause i'm not going 1000 miles a min,lol.

So my questions is how long did/do you wait/rest before you start another workout? Should i rest a week before starting the TF/CLX hybrid or just push play?!

Thanks ladies and feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Start as soon as you're ready but don't wait longer than a week or 2--- I think Chalene said that in her "Feel the Burn" book of TurboFire. You don't want to lose muscle/the results you got from TF. Don't worry, it's fun! I actually just started the Push Cirucuit with some SelectTechs that I finally got yesterday--- that burn is wow... I think you'll like. I love the Cardio too, but honestly, you'll be working just as hard with the weights-- just a different type of work hard. :) Have fun! :)
  • kyunda
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'm going to start tomorrow! I was going to do the TF/CLX hybrid, but now I think I'm just going to do CLX program along first then do the hybrid.

Thanks again!
  • KayVee
    KayVee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Do you think I'll be alright just starting CLE without taking an intense cardio program?
  • kyunda
    Options
    I think you will be fine. She has some cardio in there( i havent done those yet) and after looking at them they dont seem that hard. You will be fine! :wink:
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    lol I thought the CXE cardio workouts looked easy too, until I tried the, wholly molly, the leg band is killer, but so good :) I like TurboFire HIITs best but the results you get from CXE as so worth. I am in the 2nd week of Push phase and I am really starting to enjoy having my butt kicked, it actually hurt sitting last evening after doing the Burn Lean Intervals or whatever it is called :)
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    So glad you decided to start now. I think you will love it. I do! I just started week 3 of Push. I usually do about 10/15 min of strength walking/elliptical right after to burn a few more calories (think high incline with slow speed) I burned 428 calories today.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started tonight! I only have 10lbs dumbbells, so I couldn't do all the reps for all the exercises. sometimes it was too much or and sometimes not enough.
    I see some of you mentioned the Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells. Where did you bought them? On the manufacturer's website, they are $399, but I was wondering if they are cheaper somewhere else.
  • kyunda
    Options
    Hi! I just started tonight! I only have 10lbs dumbbells, so I couldn't do all the reps for all the exercises. sometimes it was too much or and sometimes not enough.
    I see some of you mentioned the Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells. Where did you bought them? On the manufacturer's website, they are $399, but I was wondering if they are cheaper somewhere else.

I ordered mine from eBay for $289. Hadn't found them anywhere else for cheaper.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

I ordered mine from eBay for $289. Hadn't found them anywhere else for cheaper.

Thanks!
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options

I saw a friend post that walmart sells an adjustable dumbell and it ends up cheaper than the bowflex. I have the bowflex and love them. I like that I can slowly increase the weights.
  • kyunda
    Options

I saw a friend post that walmart sells an adjustable dumbell and it ends up cheaper than the bowflex. I have the bowflex and love them. I like that I can slowly increase the weights.

Yea I saw her post too but I think I'm good with the bowflex. I like them so far.