Russel Stover "Net Carb" candies

Options
GB333
GB333 Posts: 261 Member
Anyone tried them? Says they are made with Splenda. I can't eat Malatol and some of those fake sugars - they make me very sick. I wonder if these would make me sick, as well? I know I can't have these on induction anyway, but I'm just thinking ahead. Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.russellstover.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=25

Replies

• 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    They look delicious. But since they are made with Splenda, they will sugar alcohols in them, which for me, stalls my weight loss. But one a day or every other day probably wouldn't hurt.
  • GB333
    Options
    I don't have a problem with Splenda so if that is all it is, that's ok. But Malitol (or however you spell it) makes me SICK! I see that these used to be made with it, but I'm wondering if the formula is different now. I may have to invest in a bag after Induction just to try it out!
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    Yeah, maybe I will too! They look so good!
  • lizzybethanne
    lizzybethanne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have some in my desk right now! The Pecan delight is 1 net carb per piece. I don't eat them daily but i do eat them when a chocolate craving hits. They are great! they taste like REAL candy.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    They are DELICIOUS!
  • GB333
    Options
    I have some in my desk right now! The Pecan delight is 1 net carb per piece. I don't eat them daily but i do eat them when a chocolate craving hits. They are great! they taste like REAL candy.

Fantastic! Would you mind looking on the back of the bag and seeing what sugar alcohols are in it? Maltitol?
  • lizzybethanne
    lizzybethanne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yup Maltitol!
  • rsouthland
    Options
    They are absolutely fantastic, however for me, they do come at a cost. I use ketone sticks on a daily basis. When I eat more than 2 pieces of RS chocholate, 3 or 4... I take a hit in my ketones the next morning. I beleive it's the artificial sugar. I experience the same thing with crystal lite which uses the same artificial sweeetener. Also, some people can experience an upset stomach - leaving you running for the restroom - after 3 pieces at once.

So while they may equal zero net carbs or only 1 for a serving of 5 pieces, you might not want to start with a full serving.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I don't know about these, but the Russell Stover "sugar free" in the green packaging tastes fantastic in my opinion. But they give me the worst gas known to man.