I'm turning Swede-ish

Options
On this app it says that swede is only 11cals per 100g. Do you think that is true? I'm eating 200g on my dinner instead of potatoes now. I know it's no substitute for a good ol roasty but if it's true it's like a mini miracle food. So filling and not too bad with a bit of seasoning.

Replies

• TerryPT
    TerryPT Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's about right. Most veg are very low in calories and they contain loads of vitamins and nutrients to keep your body healthy so include as much as you can. Just make sure that you're not roasting them with loads of oil as this pushes the calories up by a lot (135cals per tablespoon). Exactly the same advice goes for roast potatoes, don't cook them in oil. Instead you could use a spray oil like 'Fry Light' at 1 cal per spray.
  • emmylou32
    emmylou32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another one to try is Sweet Potato.. I'm clean eating and Sweet potato is fab.. I have SP roasted in extra virgin olive oil yummy. Spinach is fab.. I used fresh spinach leaves as frozen is nasty by comparison.. but anything green is good for hips, bum and love handles :) I make sure I eat spinach every day.. Ive lost 3" off my hips since January (without exercise) :smile:
  • SenhoraFox
    Options
    Sweet potatoes are great baked in their skins, no oil needed. Swede..? not sure how to make it taste good.. mashed cauliflower is also a great substitute to mashed potatoe.