How many calories do you eat?

Options
Hey everyone,

What is your calorie allowance and how did you decide? did you let MFP do the magic? Or, do you have other guidelines you are following? What about exercise?

Replies

• nurseloopy
    Options
    Hiya!
    I currently have 1800 cals each day and don't log exercise cals. Might up it to 2000 soon but will see what my weight is at the end of the month :happy:
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    MFP recommends 1200 but I always go over. Usually eat around 1500. More if I exercise that day...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My MFP goal is now about 1500 cals. Sometimes I eat my exercise cals, sometimes I don't, & sometimes I eat half of them. Depends if I'm hungry. :)
  • healthbunny
    Options
    Hiya :D I've got my calories set at 1400 and I eat some of my exercise calories depending on how hungry I am. Just checked net calories and it is around 1300.
  • suzy45
    Options
    MFP plugged me in at 1240. How does that work? And how do you change it? That seems low to me. I think I would rather be around 1400.
  • suzy45
    Options
    PS - Is there a way to add your weight ticker permanently to your signature. I've been cutting and pasting the code. Thanks.
  • healthbunny
    Options
    Hiya suzy45 :D To change your calories go to my home, then click goals. Press the button at the button called change goals, then click custom!
    PS - Is there a way to add your weight ticker permanently to your signature. I've been cutting and pasting the code. Thanks.

Yes there is! Go to message boards and then press settings (it is under the message board title and above the forum posts). Then just click the box to add your ticker.

Hope that helps :D Let me know if it doesn't!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I usually eat about 1500 calories a day. Sometimes 2000. I get a lot from exercise. Sometimes I eat em. Sometimes I don't. If I eat all of them I gain
  • sara156
    Options
    On days I don't work out, I am for 1600-1700. On days I just do about half an hour, I aim for 1800-1900, which is eating back my exercise calories. I'm pretty active, so some days, I'll have field hockey practice for an hour and a half, about 45 minutes of lifting, and then I'll do an extra half hour of cardio, so I am around 2200 those days. It all depends. For me, it is actually easier for the most part to just do my normal half hour of cardio without practice and lifting because it is hard for me to keep up with my hunger the other days lol
  • luisalevoguer
    Options
    trying to stay under 800
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have mine at 2000. But i dont eat my exercise calories and i dont plan on losing much more weight. If i dont work out i usually eat around 1500.
  • tiffanylb88
    tiffanylb88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    MFP has set me at 1200 its easy to go over if I don't prepare my own food, I need to start doing that again
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I aim for between 1400-1500 a day plus my exercise calories :)
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    Depending on the day between 1200-1500 calories :)
  • Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    Mine has been set at 1200, but I have been exercising a lot. Some days I have had - net calories because I haven't been that hungry. I don't think I have eaten all of my calories back yet, but thats not because I want to lose weight quicker, it's because I'm full :)
  • healthbunny
    Options
    Just updating :)

I'm now calorie cycling eating 10,500 cals NET a week, if I was to eat the same NET amount of cals a day I would eat 1,500. I’m currently enjoying calorie cycling because before I would just eat my cals even if I wasn’t hungry, now I save them for cheat days. Also, I feel less deprived!

I now also eat back all my exercise calories because I have invested in a HRM and know the cals burned are accurate. I’ve found that mfp and the machines at the gym overestimate the cals I burn by about 15%.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i tried 1400, but felt kinda hungry so I changed my setting to "lighty active" on MFP and it bumped me up to 1570. I do a ton of walking at work. I don't log anything work related though. I honestly haven't excercised much. I still can't get motivated. The pool will be open soon though.... I used to do aerobics and loved it! I just cant seem to actually put the dvd in and do it!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I quickly found out that Mfp tries to starve us 5'7ers. Went from 1200 and found out I could loose weight in a coma eating more then that based on my bmr and upped to 1670 plus exercise calories. It usually ranges from 1800 to 2400 now
  • SME1976
    SME1976 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 but i haven't been working out (boo)... I am starting back at the gym after this week-end and probably going to raise my intake to 1500-1600.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I shoot for about 1600 calories a day :) I feel good at this amount but I don't see much weight loss from it :( Still trying to find the sweet spot.