How many calories do you eat?

Options

Replies

• Jedi_Jewel
    Jedi_Jewel Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    MFP set me at 1210, followed that for about a week, and could tell I needed more fuel. Now I try to stay around 1500. And, like a lot of you, sometimes I eat my exercise calories back, sometimes I don't.... depends on how I feel.
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing a nutritionist since the summer due to my weight gain freshman year. She recommended eating 1700 calories or so per day. MFP recommends 1750 per day if I don't exercise (I will usually work off 400ish cals and eat most but rarely all of that back on those days). Keep in mind that I just restarted using MFP about a week and a half ago and am very close to my SW of 225 lbs (GW 150).
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    trying to stay under 800

Wow sweetie you are STARVING yourself :(
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Im currently zig zagging calories which really works! So I range from 2100(low days) to 2500(high day). Its difficult on my high days to eat that many calories but thats with my excercise factored in so I dont eat back my excercise calories. So far I have been cycling for 2 weeks and have lost 4 lbs!
  • calajane
    calajane Posts: 52
    Options
    Since I set my MFP to lose 1 lb per week my calorie goal is 1600. I usually eat a little less (but not much) but I try to stay above 1300.
    trying to stay under 800

wow. I really don't think that's such a good idea. I mean under 1000? I think you should up that just to make sure your body doesn't go into starvation mode.
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    MFP has me at 1200 cal a day. Some days that is fine and dandy but others I go over. I usually only eat half my exercise calories but lately I have been eating them all. I am pretty active and put activity on MFP to slightly active as I clean houses 3x a week. I just try to go by what my body tells me and not eat a lot of junk.
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am at 1,200-1,300 right now, but that's because I am very limited in what kind of physical activities I can do. Once I get mobile I will probably up it to 1,400ish.
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have 1200 calories, but I'm finding it hard to eat them all (without binging)...
    I've been eating about 1050/day and on track with my carbs and fat in take but I seem to be going over my protein number.
  • seizethefray
    Options
    MFP has me at 1460 and I try to be very diligent about eating at least half of my exercise cals back based on what I've been reading on the boards. That being said, if I go over 2,000 (even with exercise) I pretty much consider it a crap day.
  • manasunshine
    Options
    around 1400-1500. i sometimes eat back the exercise calories. sometimes if im not hungry i dont
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have been eating about 1400 plus my exercise calories. But today i changed my lose to 1/2 a pound a week so it uped me to about 1600 or so. Also, now that I have a HRM I am realizing that I wasn't anywhere near the right amount of calories burned. I could have been eating a bit more!

So I will let you know if upping my calories kick starts my weight loss again! Have remained the same for about 3 weeks now...
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Usually it's around 1550, if I exercise it's more.

I go by this so I can get my macros as well. Which are set at carbs 35%; protein 45%, fat 20%.. I upped my fiber on my own because I think it's set to low. I have it at 25g

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    1740 + exercise calories
  • jengigs
    jengigs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    MFP has me at 1200, and that's generally what I've been aiming for. I rarely eat my exercise calories, but I think I'm going to start trying to eat some of them back because I've kind of stalled the last week or so. :( Although, I think I lost a 1/4" in my waist and hips, so I guess my body is doing something.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    My MFP goal is now about 1500 cals. Sometimes I eat my exercise cals, sometimes I don't, & sometimes I eat half of them. Depends if I'm hungry. :)

I'm pretty much the same. I have it set to 1500 for now ( I just upped it from 1430) and will be upping it again in a month or so. My BMR is just over 1500 so I'm trying to get over that. I usually eat back about 75-85% of my exercise calories. I try to eat most of them back but sometimes I just can't eat that much food! lol
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have 1200 calories, but I'm finding it hard to eat them all (without binging)...
    I've been eating about 1050/day and on track with my carbs and fat in take but I seem to be going over my protein number.

Going over protein is not something to worry about. MFP's protein suggestions are usually pretty low. Protein is good.
  • kgmama0004
    kgmama0004 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been eating around 1200-1400 calories a day. I find that now that I'm eating "cleaner," I feel like I have to force myself to eat to get the high end of that calorie range some days.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I am at 1,200-1,300 right now, but that's because I am very limited in what kind of physical activities I can do. Once I get mobile I will probably up it to 1,400ish.
    I'm sedentary and eat at sedentary TDEE. I've had strep throat the past few weeks and without any exercise or getting out of bed really I've been eating between 1670-2400 and I've lost weight. All the 1200 cal girls out there should consider upping, I promise we can still loose weight without hardly moving. I'm living proof. Even if your really thin your BMR is above 1200 unless you have medical problems or have been eating at 1200 cals for a long time.
  • DeborahStanley
    DeborahStanley Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was on 1200 cals with biggest loser, plateaued so upped it to 1400, I wasn't eating exercise cals (usually about 400 per day).

I'm now going to keep to 1400 (I'm usually way under) in the week and add some of the left over calories to the weekends as that is when I struggle, I'll let you know if it works.
  • ybcochrane
    ybcochrane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    got mine at 1700 a day...and try to eat back exercise calories.....tried the 1200 before and worked great until i hit a plateau for weeks and weeks....now i am just eating above my bmr....yes the weight is not going off rapidly but hopefully i will be able to maintain it when i eventually get there....try http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/....this site gives you lots of info on how many cals you should have per day. xx