Anyone else here attend Conventions?

Options
If so, which one's? Here's my list!

SDCC 2010
SDCC 2011
NYCC 2011
Baltimore Comic Con 2011
Wizard Wold Philly 2011

This year I have C2E2 in Chicago planned for April but I'll be missing SDCC. I'm still hoping to make it to NYCC again though!

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous you've been to SDCC :sad:
    I worked at the MCM Expo in London a couple of years ago and am planning on going to Thought Bubble in Leeds this year. A trip to the states is a LITTLE out of my budget though
  • sirtodd
    sirtodd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    im stuck in canada so i can never make it to sdcc .. sadly all i get here is festival of fear in Toronto
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    I'll be exhibiting at the MoCCA Festival in April. Check it! http://www.moccany.org
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    I was at Megacon this past weekend. I may be attending DragonCon. Locally we have Ancient City Con and EXP Con I think is the name.

I'm actually planning on going to Megacon next year. I'm planning on dressing up as The Punisher. I figure I'll be in decent enough shape to pull that off then. lol

I'm actually planning on going old school punisher /w the white boots, gloves, and belt get up. I think that will be bad *kitten*. I'm gonna make most of the outfit, then spray paint it bright white and throw a coat of clear gloss over it. I need to find some iconic guns for him too. The only drawback it the glasses... stupid glasses... lol
  • fubar2us
    fubar2us Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ACEN 02-10
    Loved every one of them. Wish I had the time and money to do more.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I love all the different cosplayers you see. It's amazing what they can create!
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to a con in years. Someday I'll make it to SDCC. Some fine day.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options
    It's like a Nerd Battle Royale to get into SDCC anymore!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    If so, which one's? Here's my list!

SDCC 2010
    SDCC 2011
    NYCC 2011
    Baltimore Comic Con 2011
    Wizard Wold Philly 2011

This year I have C2E2 in Chicago planned for April but I'll be missing SDCC. I'm still hoping to make it to NYCC again though!

I'm suppose to be going to C2E2 this year also!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've been to a Firefly convention in Burbank. During the writers strike Mutant Enemy had a "fans strike with the writers day" in front of Fox studios in Burbank....I was there.

other that that......whatever comes to Dallas I go to. I rarely leave the state for cons.
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't think the budget is going to allow us to go to US based Cons this year but I will be manning a booth at two (possibly 3) Canadian based cons. Currently gearing up & gathering stock for Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo in April.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options
    For those in Canada, check out WizardWorld.Com. They put on some decent conventions and I think they do a few up north. I'm not 100% sure though.
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For those in Canada, check out WizardWorld.Com. They put on some decent conventions and I think they do a few up north. I'm not 100% sure though.
    There's a few decent cons in Canada. Polaris in TO, CCEE in Calgary, Wizard World puts on a Con in TO a few weeks before CCEE. HalCon in Halifax has been growing these past few years. There's smallish, specialized (less hollywood, more authors) cons in Edmonton, Winnipeg & Saskatoon as well. Creation runs a bunch in Van and TO...

Likely a tonne more that I don't know about.

I'd love to go to them all, but it's frequently cheaper for me to travel to Atlanta, Chicago, NY or SD/LA than it is to travel to other Cdn cons ;(
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options
    There's a few decent cons in Canada. Polaris in TO, CCEE in Calgary, Wizard World puts on a Con in TO a few weeks before CCEE. HalCon in Halifax has been growing these past few years. There's smallish, specialized (less hollywood, more authors) cons in Edmonton, Winnipeg & Saskatoon as well. Creation runs a bunch in Van and TO...

Likely a tonne more that I don't know about.

I'd love to go to them all, but it's frequently cheaper for me to travel to Atlanta, Chicago, NY or SD/LA than it is to travel to other Cdn cons ;(

I knew there was more, but couldn't think of them off the top of my head! Nice list there! Yeah, I'm in Maryland so SDCC is the big pricey Con for me. NYCC isn't too bad and I have friends in Chicago which cuts down on cost. I'd love to attend Dragon*Con once though!
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    NYCC!!!!!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options
    My 1st NYCC was last year and I loved it! I was there mainly for Avengers stuff but met an online friend who I've known for YEARS. She has her own webcomic and that made NYCC 100x better!

My profile picture is actually from SDCC! lol
  • BadHeatherNo
    BadHeatherNo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Used to attend DragonCon, PlayOnCon, Frolicon.. But not so much since I moved to Las Vegas.. Oddly enough, Vegas doesn't seem to have many geeky cons, at least not that I can tell.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options
    I thought Vegas had a Star Trek Convention but that could be one that moves around.
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    My 1st NYCC was last year and I loved it! I was there mainly for Avengers stuff but met an online friend who I've known for YEARS. She has her own webcomic and that made NYCC 100x better!

I was there!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options

I was there!

I wonder if we passed in the sea of people! LOL