Anyone else here attend Conventions?

Options
2»

Replies

• DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    My 1st NYCC was last year and I loved it! I was there mainly for Avengers stuff but met an online friend who I've known for YEARS. She has her own webcomic and that made NYCC 100x better!

My profile picture is actually from SDCC! lol

I was there!

I wonder if we passed in the sea of people! LOL

How many days did you go? I only got to go on Sunday. My husband had a booth there :smile:
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I do Dragoncon each year and I attended the local con called Archon for the first time this last year. It's more of a party con than a fandom con.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My 1st NYCC was last year and I loved it! I was there mainly for Avengers stuff but met an online friend who I've known for YEARS. She has her own webcomic and that made NYCC 100x better!

I was there!

How many days did you go? I only got to go on Sunday. My husband had a booth there :smile:

I was there everyday! :D
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options

I was there!

I was there everyday! :D

Lucky!! If you saw a baby with a black skull onesie and tutu with a lady wearing horns... it was me :wink:
  • lvictory23
    Options
    I go to Dragon*con every year and a few other local conventions too.
    Getting into better shape before Dragon*con is one of my main goals and motivations.
    This year getting around con better :)
    Next year awesome/hot Costumes :D
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I go to Dragon*con every year and a few other local conventions too.
    Getting into better shape before Dragon*con is one of my main goals and motivations.
    This year getting around con better :)
    Next year awesome/hot Costumes :D
    That is part of my motivation too! I love see all the super costumes, but ever year I have to say that I am a teeny bit jealous that I am not confident enough to pull one off. I hope in a year! This year I agree with you I will just be happy to be able to get around the con a little more comfortably.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Any UK'ers going to KitaCon in Birmingham in April??
  • gryphann
    gryphann Posts: 2
    Options
    I am going to Dragoncon this year. I have not been in about 5 years. And I go to Shore-Leave every year.
  • pixieq
    pixieq Posts: 16
    Options
    I started dating my husband at Shore Leave!
  • curvatrino
    curvatrino Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We're off to MCMExpo in Birmingham at the end of the month (as Thor and Emma Frost (XMen), because we couldn't think of matching costumes)

Anyone else off to there?
  • sunnburst1984
    sunnburst1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been to small time cons, Anime cons to be exact, but not much into Anime anymore. We're planning on going to Hal-Con (Which is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) and it bigger than the ones I've been to and more mature I guess I'll put it. We are planning to go to SDCC someday, hopefully next year *fingers crossed*. I can't wait to start making my cosplays!
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually hit MetroCon, MegaCon, NecronomiCon, and spooky-empire Con since they are local. Hoping to hit dragoncon next year.
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Went to Supermegafest last September, next one on the schedule is the Star Trek con in NJ this May. Still not sure what to wear, might go as Nurse Chapel ;)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many fellow Con lovers!