Geeky Stuff on NETFLIX

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    awesome suggestions everyone. I have nothing to contribute since everything that I'd add has already been listed. well since Netflix is not blocked at my work, there goes my productivity for the night....... :laugh:
  • FoxKelfonne
    FoxKelfonne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know it's been mentioned already, but I just want to put another vote out there for Warehouse 13. Started watching it on a whim and it's easily one of my favorite shows now.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty wide range of genres I enjoy....everything from horror to sci-fi to docu-dramas to crime/suspense. I've been watching more movies than tv shows.

Anywho, here's a few that I've watched:

Firefly
    Mystery Science Theater 3000 (the movie AND the show LOL)
    The Perfect Host (great movie!)
    The Way Back
    Jay & Silent Bob
    Suspect Zero
    One flew over the cuckoo's nest
    The girl next door (very disturbing & based on a true story)
    Red State
    Ugly Americans
    King of the Hill
    House I & II
    The Disappeared
    Girl who played w/ Fire (swedish version trilogy)

And many, many more. LOL

hot damn - someone else who has seen The girl next door - freaky right?
    and yep - perfect host was good!
  • tsimpson84
    Options
    The King of Kong - A Fistful of Quarters, and Nerdcore Rising. Two of the funniest documentaries I've watched in awhile.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of post-apocalypse type shows.

I discovered they had both series of Jericho and a Britsih Tv series called Survivors. Awesome!
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of post-apocalypse type shows.

I discovered they had both series of Jericho and a Britsih Tv series called Survivors. Awesome!

I'm a huge fan of this genre as well! Check out a reality series called "Colony". Yeah, some of it is definitely scripted but it's entertaining nonetheless.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Has anybody watched Reaper? I found it this morning. It's about a kid whose parents sold his soul to the devil so when he turns 21 he has to become a bounty hunter who brings escaped souls back to hell. Looks promising! The first episode was cute.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Has anybody watched Reaper? I found it this morning. It's about a kid whose parents sold his soul to the devil so when he turns 21 he has to become a bounty hunter who brings escaped souls back to hell. Looks promising! The first episode was cute.

I watched it when it was on TV and loved it... but it went downhill in the second season - thus why it was cancelled.
  • pinuplove
    Options

I watched it when it was on TV and loved it... but it went downhill in the second season - thus why it was cancelled.

Aw well, at least I'll get a few episodes out of it! :smile:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Okay why can I watch DUNE like a thousand times!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    While not perhaps strictly geeky to some.... The TV Show Breaking Bad could fit for some... I have a friend who is a chemistry buff and I told him about the show mostly for the geeky ish factor of it and he loved it. It's one of my favorite shows for sure!

Love Breaking Bad! Bryan Cranston is just stellar...and I'll never feel the same way about box cutters EVER AGAIN.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    ah they have "American Movie" on there, one of the greatest documentaries ever :heart:
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Futurama
    Family guy
    Stargate
    Star trek ( nightly whoop whoop!)
    Farscape
    Firefly
    She-ra
    Howls moving castle
    Inuyasha
    Warehouse 13
    Tron
    Fido
    Heros
    That's all I can think of off hand.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Dr. Horrible is back on netflix. As is Ghostbusters, Oldboy,and the Pet Sematary movies.
  • chwfit
    chwfit Posts: 6
    Options
    Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
    Star Trek (all of them!)

ETA Doctor Who! How could I forget??

Woah... ALL the Star Treks??? I did not know this. I will have to check these out!!! Thanks!
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Another Moffatt show- Jekyll!!
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

It's a brilliant documentary. Everyone should watch it
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Dr. Horrible is back on netflix. As is Ghostbusters, Oldboy,and the Pet Sematary movies.

Dr. Horrible went away? So glad I own the dvd! Didn't know.Ghostbusters was on - cool!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My fav discovery of late is Sherlock Holmes BBC series with Benedict Cumberbatch...omg it's awesome
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My fav discovery of late is Sherlock Holmes BBC series with Benedict Cumberbatch...omg it's awesome

Love this!!!