Does this workout feel short?

Options
Devonanne
Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
I just started NROL on Monday. I am really enjoying it so far, but it is taking some getting used to that the workout is so short. I am sore so I know I am getting the benefit, but I am used to doing much longer workouts and it feels sort of weird getting in and out of the gym so quickly! I do a ten minute cardio warmup and then usually a quick cardio cooldown of some kind.

I'm not complaining, I am all for maximizing my workout in as short as time as possible, but it still takes getting used to that I don't have to do a million reps and spend an hour doing it :) Anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That's a little how I am - I am use to spending an hour and a half in the gym.. Now I'm down to a little over a half. Allows me more time to get other things done for school.

From what I hear however, once you get to step two of the program, things really begin to escalate.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the later stages will be longer.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it...that time is packed full of hard work! Just make sure that when you are finished you are spent and exhausted. You shouldn't have anything left. 30 minutes is okay because going much longer should next to impossible!
  • Leahnh
    Leahnh Posts: 30
    Options
    I agree that the Step 1 workouts feel short but I can feel them working and my muscles are tired when I'm done.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if i remember correctly i didnt start feeling super tired right after my workouts until stage 3 because by then i was doing more exercises, more weights (especially on those body matrix days). i definitely remember those days with 1 arm DB snatches to be particularly hard to walk back home from the gym and i'd think about taking a cab home instead walking the 8 blocks :laugh: