Vampires

Options
124»

Replies

• katsten
    katsten Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I refuse to watch the Twilight movies....VAMPIRES SHOULD NOT SPARKLE!!! Would like to read the books tho.
    I love, love, LOVE the Vampire Diaries (books, not tv show. the show just ticks me off with how much it does not follow the book!), my youngest twin is named Damon (yes he knows he was named after a vampire lol!).
    Love Blade and Underworld!
    I haven't watched True Blood, can't find it on Netflix. Sad too because I believe Christopher Meloni is on it now.
    Not big into Anne Rice (more of a Stephen King fan), Interview with a Vampire was a good movie tho.
    I've recently started reading some of the Anita Blake books, not really impressed with those either......
    Started watching Being Human (US version) and thats ok, a little corny tho.
    HUGE Buffy fan!!!!!! Watched the entire series several times, have every season! My favorite episode is definitely Once More With Feeling! Can't believe how good Spike, Giles, and Tara's voices are!!!!! I even own the soundtrack for that episode lol!
    I haven't heard of Vampire Hunter D.........
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hah... Twilight is one of my guilty pleasures. I devoured those books so fast. However, I will fully admit that they are just fluff. I don't like the idea of vampires sparkling, but I did like how they handled that in 'The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner' (little offshoot book) if anyone has read it? It's interesting how a new vampire discovers that they sparkle.

I haven't spotted anyone mention Lost Boys yet, which is one of my favourite vampire movies ever. Keifer Sutherland is amazing in it.

Blade - Stephen Dorff as Deacon Frost.... yes please. :embarassed:
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    How are you guys missing The Strain? Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan wrote a series of books about real deal scary vampires that don't sparkle or try to mate with you. It's a great mix of scifi and horror. It kicks Twilight in it's sparkly junk.

I think I love you. These books are awesome!!!
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Im a huge Vampire fan and i dont really dislike any of them . I love seeing differnt varitons of the stories . You could argue till the bats come home ( lol) about which Vamp story is the best but i rather love them all ...
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    my question is why are vamps always so damn good looking??? There are rarely ugly vampires.

The Anne Rice series do a good job on explaining this issue. Vamps were selective on who got to join the club, all others were just food.

the problem I had with the Rice series was the fact that the subsequent after "interview" basically pissed all over the entire` plot line, premises, motivation of the main character and much of the understanding of how the Vampire system/society worked. I still say Lestat was a tool, regardless of what later books said. but that is just my opinion.

Best scary @ss vampire to me were in Salem's Lot.
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im a huge Vampire fan and i dont really dislike any of them . I love seeing differnt varitons of the stories . You could argue till the bats come home ( lol) about which Vamp story is the best but i rather love them all ...

Have to agree with you, i've always had to read or watch anything that has to do with vampires since I was 13..even if I roll my eyes at some things and don't like some of the versions of vampires (personally Anne Rice is my favorite, probably because it was my first vampire experience) I can't say I hate any of them, and even though I don't love the Twilight movies, I still watched them and the books were a great read.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Did anyone see the Vampire episode on Tyra? A friend linked me to it last year... the whole episode was about vampire people. A little weird, but incredibly interesting at the same time. I think it's still on Youtube if anyone wants to look it up. I'd link it, but I'm at work.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    True blood is definitely my guilty pleasure. Love it! Books are much better though. May the new book comes out!
    Daybreakers was great.

Oh and dark shadows, oh it'll be awesome.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I loved The Lost Boys, I saw the sequel...didn't bother with the third one.

Its been a very long time since I've read The Vampire Chronicles, it was definitely interesting. I liked them.

Read Dracula aroudn the time I read the above, I didn't like it, had to force myself to finish.

LOVED Buffy and Angel. Great show.

True Blood, I've only seen a few episodes of the first season. I've read all the books, but it seems like the latest books are just lacking. So much happens in the early books, the lack of action in the later books makes them feel incomplete.

The Vampire Diaries, I haven't seen the show, but I did read the books. The first ones were written in the 90s, and they're not great, but they're not horrible either. Then the second series was written in 2008, and they're written as if it takes place right after the first books, but everyone now has cell phones and computers. It was jarring. Also, most of the characters act completely differently than they did in the first books.

Have never read or seen the Twilight stuff, so I can't really speak of it. Like many of you, I can't get over the sparkle.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    The way I see vampires...

-Die in sunlight
    -Go all ugly when they attack (think BTVS)
    -Pale... Well, at least not Cheetos orange..
    -Can glamor people
    -Have long fingernails
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm a Buffy girl. Also Vampire Diaries, but less so.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever watched " Near dark"? Great movie, directed by Kathryn Bigelow ( The hurt locker ), Lance Henrikson, Bill Paxton,
    Jeanette Goldstein, all were in Aliens by Bigelow's then husband James Cameron. The movie is awesome, although it came out the same month as The Lost Boys and was overshadowed by it.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever watched " Near dark"? Great movie, directed by Kathryn Bigelow ( The hurt locker ), Lance Henrikson, Bill Paxton,
    Jeanette Goldstein, all were in Aliens by Bigelow's then husband James Cameron. The movie is awesome, although it came out the same month as The Lost Boys and was overshadowed by it.

Near dark - one of my favorites!
    It's not really vampire, but how about a Nightbreed?
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Near dark - one of my favorites!
    It's not really vampire, but how about a Nightbreed?

Love Nightbreed! One of my all time favorites!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Did anyone see the Vampire episode on Tyra? A friend linked me to it last year... the whole episode was about vampire people. A little weird, but incredibly interesting at the same time. I think it's still on Youtube if anyone wants to look it up. I'd link it, but I'm at work.

HOLY CRAP DO I HAVE A FUNNY STORY FOR THAT!

Long before they taped that episode... I had been contacted by one of Tyra Banks producers asking if I wanted to be on the episode and got into a whole spheel on me being a vampire... I was like how did you get this email and why on earth would I be acting like a vampire!?

It was a strange phone call.