Find your fuel

Options
mojo75
mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
What makes you get up and get on the treadmill? What keeps you pushing harder and harder? We all have that desire but why? I need to win this fight because I am not happy with what I see in the mirror. I'm not happy with the way I feel when I wake up. I need to do this for me! What is your fuel?

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I like knowing that after all of my friends gave up on working out, gave up on eating healthy, gave up on themselves....I'm still going. I don't have to have someone holding my hand, though it's nice from time-to-time, but I can do this because it's for me. No one is going to change my life for me. I know that I can't rely on someone to fix a problem that I started. I was never force-fed or held captive and given chocolate covered honeybuns and dr. pepper all day long. I did this to myself and I can undo every single bit of it. I'm a parent and my children deserve to have me around irritating them and embarrassing them for as long as possible LOL I want to love myself as much as the people around me love me. I'm not quite there yet.... plus, losing weight has amped up my libido. I like feeling thinner, healthier, having more stamina and drive and energy and feeling damn well sexy. :D
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Knowing what it feels like to be healthy, strong, vibrant, and full of life and feeling confident about my body and how I treat it is what keeps me going. Feeling sluggish and out of control is no fun. It's not worth it to treat our bodies badly. We deserve to be the best we can be. The payoff is health, longevity and confidence. SO worth the fight!!