March Challenge

Options
L2M1D52
L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
Hi everyone!

The challenge during March will be to plan, plan, plan! There are 31 days of March and it would be great if for 31 days each person plans what they will eat ahead of time and stick with it. I have seen many MFP members plan their meals ahead of time and succeed in sticking with their meal choices and calorie goals.

In addition to planning meals, you’re asked to plan your exercises as well. Create a separate calendar or write down exactly which exercises you will be doing throughout the month on a calendar before the month even begins!

For those that love to plan and schedule, I’m sure it will be no problem (you can even provide pointers) and for those who aren’t that great at scheduling, perhaps you’ll find you enjoy having pre-scheduled meals and workouts! Here’s to a pre-planned March!

Replies

• strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Love it! It works so well with what I was thinking. I need to make a plan mixing all my different workouts and make sure I'm not over working something.

Thanks so much!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    I'm in! This will work with my hip injury quite well and is following my thoughts the past couple of days.
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    I'm excited to try this. I've planned my workouts already and am really looking forward to the planned meals. I've never done that before. Glad you two are excited! Hopefully more will too. :wink:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    Options
    Groan! I am terrible at planning, although I am getting better at sticking to my general plan for exercise and diet. Guess it will be a great idea to try. I'll need help...

liselyn
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: making a plan will be easy :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: sticking to it with all the surprise things that my husband suggests, will be nearly impossible :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile: the only thing that will be consistent will be walking the dogs for an hour or more every morning (except of course the two weekends when they'll be boarded when we're out of town)
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I try my darndest to plan my dinners on suday for the week. I probably stick to it about 85%. Which is not bad really, considering we live with my mother in law and sometimes ya just gotta get out of the house!

Other than dinners, I generally enter what I have bought to work to eat for the day when I get in, and edit as the day progresses.
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Exercise I plan. I have a menu plan for the weekdays in my head - so that will be something I'll write down. Weekends? I need help on weekends! Planning will be a good exercise.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I will try my best!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    It's the first of the month! Hopefully you've got some plans made ahead of time. Any more takers of the challenge? :flowerforyou:
  • soagirl777
    soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I will join the challenge! It's very stressful for me when I don't plan my menu ahead. Stopping at the store 2 or 3 times a week to pick up something to make for dinner because I failed to go to the store and buy a weeks worth of groceries is tiring. You know what they say "if u don't plan ahead, you plan to fail"! I believe this to be true. When I don't plan ahead and know what I'm having for each day, i can make bad choices! Great challenge! Good luck everyone!
  • strongnotskinny121
    Options
    Exercise ----> no problem, I wrote out a schedule, but I'm doing C25K, so 3 of my days are already planned for me.

Food
    > I was already prepping my bfast, lunch, and snacks before. I have found it cheap and easy for me to fix something in a big batch and split it up into 5 containers. Ta-da, Lunch for the week. I use the recipe funtion on the mobile app while I"m cooking and it does it all for me. :heart: it! Dinner is so much harder, and the weekends. Those are meals with friends and family, so I never know whats going to happen. Hmm, tried to do better today and planned last night what I would probably eat today. I didn't plan my ceral snack this evening, but...well, it's still early in the month. Maybe I will figure this out but the end of it :ohwell:
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    I just moved so planning exercises might be a bit more difficult. I think I'll just do some interval training in the apartment (jumping jacks, jumping rope, push-ups, crunches, planks, etc).

For food, I'm limited on money right now because I'm looking for a job, but I did manage to go to trader joe's and buy a ton of healthy fruits, veggies, some chicken, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta so I think I'm set on what I'll be eating a lot of this week and the next!

Also, if anyone wants to add me as a friend, please do! I LOVE making schedules and plans so if you need a little extra motivation, I don't mind helping out! I sometimes need the extra motivation myself, especially to keep logging on here and tracking what I've done.

Good luck, everyone!
  • shanalivee
    Options
    i have found that when i plan ahead i am more likely to eat the meals i made and stick to not buying junk food! i am proud that i have not purchsed any food when i am at work. only what i bring!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am not good at planning meals ahead but eat the same healthy 3 different things for breakfast, and I have set things I eat for lunch and dinner. I know no extra bread or carbs or sweets. The biggest thing is portion size and I know how much it is by now to not starve but not gain either.

Since i am retired and husband is encouraging there are no unhealthy snacks in my house so I don't need to stick to a certain plan.

But if i was still raising my kids it would be a good idea.

So I will check in with next months challenge.
  • strongnotskinny121
    Options
    I've been sticking to my exercise schedule, when I'm not sick and can go. Food is much harder, but I will say I have been planning a day ahead 3/4 of the time. So, definitely an improvement! :) Hope everyone is doing good!
  • strongnotskinny121
    Options
    i have found that when i plan ahead i am more likely to eat the meals i made and stick to not buying junk food! i am proud that i have not purchsed any food when i am at work. only what i bring!

Prepping and bringing my own food for work has really saved me! Good job! Keep it up! :D