Becoming Totally Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: So, I've been a member of MFP for a month now and someone needs to invent a new word for when one is feeling beyond frustrated. The first week here, I didn't lose anything. Not a shocker because I didn't have a food scale or the right foods in the house. Second week, ordered healthy foods, bought a food scale, became serious about doing this, and GAINED 4 ibs. Someone said that I had probably gained the lbs. from what I had eaten the week before so I didn't get discouraged. Sure enough, week three I lost the 4 lbs. I had gained. I was so excited about today's weigh-in as I figured this would be my break-though week and my little ladybug would finally start creeping along my scale. Another disappointment! I didn't lose an ounce.! After a month, I am STILL at the weight I started. I have counted, measured, and weighed my foods, making sure I do not go over my allotment of calories, fats, and carbs. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Replies

• I looked at your diary a couple times not enough fruit and veg. and your not eating enough calories. Not eating enough is just as bad as eating to much. If your not getting what your body needs it will go into starvation mode. And hold everything you put into it. It will store it for when needed.

This week try and eat balanced meal and snacks. Try and eat the calories that MFP tell you to have. Don't let yourself get frustrated to the point of throwing in the towel. You can do it.

Take care and keep pushing.
  • I do not know the answers, however , I sympathize with you because it happens to me also. I try to think positive by remembering the folks on The BIGGEST LOSER also do the same thing......The weeks you think you have lost...you do not...the week you think you gained you have not......ITS kinda like the devil playing with my mind...........we will win in the end...Hang in there and eat often..
  • You're probably not doing anything wrong! Repeat...NOT. Ask yourself, "how long did it take me to get to my present weight?" Now, realize that you're not going to lose that weight overnight or in a month. It takes time!

That's why we have groups where you can get support & encouragement when you feel frustrated. I have stayed at my present weight for 3 weeks now but I have lost inches. Have you measured yourself & compared it with the day you started MFP? Inches represent more of a loss then pounds.

I got so frustrated last week that I ate quite a bit of things I shouldn't have & didn't keep up on the water at all. Today, I'm back at it; plugging away & taking leisurely walks each day. I felt bad because I couldn't do more than 10 mins of the Jane Fonda video for seniors but then I thought, "hey, this is your first shot at it so don't expect to complete the entire video the first time. Ten minutes is pretty good. Especially when I could have done 5 mins or 8 mins. :laugh: See my point?

It's okay if you feel like :cry: & don't let this "setback" disappoint you. You'll start losing; it's just going to take some time.

Keep in touch & think positively. :flowerforyou: