Spartan Run June 2&3

Options
tuneses
tuneses Posts: 467 Member
Anyone going to do it? I just decided to do it! Going to register as soon as I get my team's information. I'm excited!

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Yup, I registered on the weekend. I've been talking a lot of smack about beating my husband so I hope finish before him, lol. We have a friendly bet going. If I win, he's buying me a Lululemon hoodie and if he wins I have to buy him a couple of video games.
  • tuneses
    Options
    I hope you win!! Those lulumon hoodies look awesome!!! I'm still waiting for my team info to register. I cant wait!! I'm going to use this as practice for Tough Mudder in Toronto in August.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm registered for I believe the 1030 heat on the third. Now that they have settled on the Rideau Carleton Raceway, my friends and I have been planning some recon. The area is pretty flat, any hills are going to be long and low (it's reclaimed farmland for the most part), it's also heavily wooded behind the track/stables with a small swamp area. There is a main access road that runs from the Demolition Derby/Parking lot area to Bank street that is approximately 1.5km in length. From the Bank Street side there is street parking and a sign that says dog walkers are welcome and you can access that road and most likely the wooded areas on either side for exercising your dog. We are going to be making some plans once the weather is nicer/not melt-y etc to check the place out and see what might be in store for us. I will keep this updated with any plans we make for that if anyone here doing the race wants to join us.
  • tuneses
    Options
    Cool Thanks!
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    I'm registered for I believe the 1030 heat on the third. Now that they have settled on the Rideau Carleton Raceway, my friends and I have been planning some recon. The area is pretty flat, any hills are going to be long and low (it's reclaimed farmland for the most part), it's also heavily wooded behind the track/stables with a small swamp area. There is a main access road that runs from the Demolition Derby/Parking lot area to Bank street that is approximately 1.5km in length. From the Bank Street side there is street parking and a sign that says dog walkers are welcome and you can access that road and most likely the wooded areas on either side for exercising your dog. We are going to be making some plans once the weather is nicer/not melt-y etc to check the place out and see what might be in store for us. I will keep this updated with any plans we make for that if anyone here doing the race wants to join us.

Thanks, that's awesome! Maybe I'll check it out myself once the weather is nicer.
  • tuneses
    Options
    Signed up!! 4pm heat on the 2nd!!
  • Equinox1424
    Equinox1424 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I signed up. I am in the 1000am heat! good luck everyone!
  • tuneses
    Options
    It's almost here!!! I cant wait!
  • danger_kitteh
    Options
    I realized that last night and was like OHSHHHHII.... idk, i guess I'm ready! I'm excited and I'm just going to go, give it my best and have fun
  • lyxus
    lyxus Posts: 85
    Options
    I am doing it as well !!! I can't wait !
  • lyxus
    Options
    it was ammmmazing
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    it was ammmmazing

Agreed! I had tons of fun and so glad I challenged myself in that way. The added bonus for me was that I beat my husband by about 15 minutes :tongue:
  • tuneses
    Options
    That was an insane amount of mud lol. I didnt do that good in time cause i was doing it with a friend. I'm doing the BEAST though and it's going to be all about me!
  • danger_kitteh
    Options
    Oh man that mud was so entirely gross. How is everyone feeling a few days after? I"m pretty banged up, my bruises are coming out all over. My elbows and knees are scraped/cut/bruised but everyone last one of them was so worth it! I had the time of my life.

Fail at any obstacles? Take any burpees on purpose?

I took burpees at the vertical rope climb because there was just no way i was even goign to get 3 feet off the ground much less to the top. I got burpees at the javlen throw as well for missing. Almost had it but not quite. The obstacle that scared me the most was the rope wall in the forest, I was not a fan of clinging for my life while people scrambled up and down.
  • tuneses
    Options
    I'm feeling great! I'm doing Insanity and running to prepare for the BEAST June 30th.

I didnt do the rope climb. I've never climbed a rope before and I have no idea how to do it. I found a place to practice so maybe ill be able to do it next time. I also did burpees for the wall rope climb then ended up doing it anyways lol. Was a lot of fun :)
  • lyxus
    Options
    I want to do the Beast but i will be travelling :(
    I loved the mud the fact that it rained a bit before was more fun.

The only one that i did't like was the looooog crawl in the mud, my knees and elbows were destroyed
  • danger_kitteh
    Options
    I also got pink eye from getting mud in my eyes and I know about 15 other people who did too. Totally gross.

Good luck at the beast on the 30th Tuneses!
  • tuneses
    Options
    Thanks!!! I'm training like a beast lol

I am happy I did think about what could be in the mud till i was done. After I was thinking for sure some people urinated in there. Yuck!
  • Equinox1424
    Equinox1424 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    it was a good go....for sure I will be there next year!!!
  • lyxus
    Options
    I'm feeling great! I'm doing Insanity and running to prepare for the BEAST June 30th.

I am not travelling anymore, so i am doing the BEAST too !

I will probably die !!!