Welcome!

Options
3trees
3trees Posts: 71 Member
Our goal is to put together a 1400 calorie menu. I went ahead and invited all members of team WHITE and team GREEN to this group. I'm not a big fan of seeing people go - we're all on the same journey - and this is a good exercise we can all contribute to and learn from.

So, recipe ideas???

We could also start with some basic framework of roughly how many calories we want for breakfast, lunch, dinner and/or snacks.

Replies

• JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    lol...I totally responded in the other thread without even looking at this one. I put a sample framework in the breakfast thread.
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite. My needs are much different than some of yours. I had weight loss surgery a year ago and the amount of food I eat is very limited. 2-6ozs at a time. So my breakfast might be 1 egg and one slice of bacon. My diet is heavy in protein and low in carbs. I do eat fruit and veggies every day and an occasional low carb wrap. I do not eat bread, white rice or pasta.

I have many recipes that I have adapted and look forward to seeing what everyone puts up here to see how I may adapt them to fit my needs.
  • Tawanda190
    Tawanda190 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

This Challenge is my weakness. I really dont eat a lot of different foods. I have a meal I prepare for dinner which is baked talipia.i will plug it in the system to get the exact calories.

Tawanda Tilghman
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like the framework that J put out there.

The mini-quiche breakfast sounds easy and yummy!!!

I don't have a specific recipie, but would like to suggest something for dinner.

I think it would be good to include some sort of dessert in dinner. Something lowfat made with fruit maybe. I think it would be nice and we could point out that it would be a good since this is the time you get to sit with family and can sit and enjoy it together. I know dessert tends to have more calories, but if paired with something like Tawanda's suggestion of Tilapia, it could work. And, for some reason, aspargous (sp?) keeps poping into my head to go with the fish. :-)

~Chrissy