Gluten free breakfasts?

Options

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Since I usually take breakfast to work, I'm a light eater in the morning, and I'm not organized enough that early in the morning, I take a single serving container of non fat greek yogurt (I like Chobani), and a serving of either Chex or GF rice krispies (keep cereal separate from yogurt until you're ready to eat, it gets soggy) mix them together and have fresh seasonal fruit with it. The first time I did this was with vanilla yogurt, rice krispies and strawberries, my co worker said that it smelled like I was eating strawberry shortcake. And it kinda tasted like it too.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i usually do eggs and a side salad
    or fruit and protein smoothie
    or sometimes i just have my dinner leftovers
  • Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    dashingdish.com has a lot of good gf breakfasts. One of my favorites is the strawberry protein pancake rollups!
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i normally have an udi bagel with cream cheese or peanut butter with banana, or i have yoghurt with fruit (strawberries). sometimes if i'm not too hungry i'll have a smoothie, if i'm being completely lazy i'll have honey nut chex. that museli you are making is dedication mate, i couldnt do it lol.
  • ancha0702
    ancha0702 Posts: 26
    Options
    I eat corn flakes (without contamination with wheat or barley) with rice or soya milk every morning. Sometimes I add dried fruit or sliced bananas. I find it very filling. :)
  • reach53
    reach53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love having an omelet with greens inside. Well and my cup of coffee with almond or hazelnut milk...
  • malkb27
    malkb27 Posts: 40
    Options
    On mornings that I have time to cook, I like to eat hashbrowns/potatoes and eggs!

My normal breakfast consists of yogurt, fruit, and/or nuts. I love almonds and pecans!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake every morning for breakfast. One scoop protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbs peanut butter. If I have spinach or kale, I add a couple of handfuls. I add ice and blend. I can't eat carbs for breakfast(oatmeal, cereal, toast) because I end up with sugar crashes 1-2 hours later. The protein shake is the only thing that doesn't do that to me, plus it keeps me full until lunchtime.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm getting sick of eggs and Trader Joe's Crisp Rice cereal. I need to come up with something new.
  • jordan1795
    jordan1795 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I start every morning with a bowl of pure quick oats (made in the microwave-so fast!) and i add some BeneFibre, fruit, and have one egg on the side. You can add any types of nuts or fruit you would like to get more protein and vitamins, and its sooo fast and keeps me full for a few hours. Just a thought!
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Green Chili Egg Bake... Karina's (Gluten Free Goddess)Yummy
    Udi's GF Bagels only 1/2 because WAY TOO MANY CALORIES for a whole
    Sweet Potato Hash w/ an egg - YUMMY
    Van's
    or sometimes just dinner leftovers
  • 50poundmonkey
    Options
    I enjoy the McCanns Irish Oatmeal... it's stone ground and less likely to have gluten. Followed by a Fage greek yogurt for snack. Sometimes I grab a breakfast taco on corn tortillas.

I've enjoyed the Pirate brand snacks as well... gluten free and baked. I especially like the Wisconsin Cheddar corn puffs... about 150 cals... I make sure to get the individual packs so I don't go through a whole bag. :-)
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I know Celiacs who do react to McCanns. Of course, celiacs can react to oats even if they are pure. Just be careful and inform yourself.
    I enjoy the McCanns Irish Oatmeal... it's stone ground and less likely to have gluten. Followed by a Fage greek yogurt for snack. Sometimes I grab a breakfast taco on corn tortillas.

I've enjoyed the Pirate brand snacks as well... gluten free and baked. I especially like the Wisconsin Cheddar corn puffs... about 150 cals... I make sure to get the individual packs so I don't go through a whole bag. :-)
  • lej0213
    lej0213 Posts: 10
    Options
    I alternate between:

plain greek yogurt (usually Fage)
    strawberries or blackberries
    3/4 cup Enjoy Life Perky's Flax cereal
    This usually runs about 300 calories

Good Food Made Simple has frozen microwaveable Steel cut oats
    I have this with some raisins
    300 cals

Eggs, Turkey Bacon and Strawberries
  • Cindio
    Cindio Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I usually have a green shake.

-2 banana's
    -1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    -1/4 tsp of cinnamin
    -1 tsp of vanilla
    -2 cups of spinach

It's delicous!!!! I have a hard time with breakfast and lunch because I can't have gluten, dairy or eggs and I'm allergic to a lot of fruit... I'm gonna keep checking back for more ideas :)
  • sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I saw this and found the english muffins at my whole foods, they are delicious. I am so happy to have another breakfast option.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have THE most boring breakfast routine.

I hate breakfast foods as a whole. Can barely stand eggs but I know breakfast is important sooo...

I normally have a few boiled eggs, orange juice and if I'm feeling adventurous I throw in a gluten free muffin or donut.

:blushing:

I've been doing this for a week. Before I wasn't eating breakfast at all because I just never feel hungry in the morning and most foods make me feel ill.

Edited to add: On top of being gluten free I am also allergic to dairy (NOT lactose intolerant but genuinely allergic to), nuts (peanut and tree nut), chocolate and apples so my choices are very limited. :)

It can be very difficult - i am also dairy, soya and egg free due to intolerances and it can be hard finding stuff.

I have Flacked rice cooked with rice milk and usually put fruit puree on top.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    If you can have GF oats then I'd suggest Bob's Red Mill GF oats.

I mostly just have a smoothie. Almond milk, tofu, fruit, banana, PB2.

If I've been baking (which I do regularly) I'll eat bread/bagels/cinnamon rolls/whatever recipe I've been testing.

There are tons of GF recipe blogs if you're interested in making your own baked-goods kind of breakfast.
  • coolclimates
    Options
    I usually have some yogurt (have gotten into Greek yogurt lately) and some granola, or some gluten-free cereal and milk. I've also been making refrigerator oatmeal with GF oats and various fruits, chia seeds, etc for 300 calories or less. Sometimes I eat my own muffins or scones that I bake as well.