shipping question

2»

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    O.k, so I decided to call Customer Service to get an assessment of where my order is. I ordered on-line on 2/28 (Tuesday night). As of this morning (3/2, Friday), here's the information they gave me:

My item is noted as shipped in their system, but there's no tracking number. I would imagine this means it's packaged, boxed and ready for Fed-Ex to pick up. The rep told me it will go out today or Monday (Boo!) as Fed-ex does not work on the weekends. Since it's 11:00 a.m., I'm hoping Fed-Ex will at least pick it up today (though it will sit in one of their warehouses or trucks over the weekend). Once in the hands of Fed-Ex, they couldn't tell me how long it would take. Does anyone else know?

So, I'm happy things are progressing, but it's hard to manage patience :).

oh, man, do they not deliver on saturdays? because i'm hoping mine comes tomorrow! lol. mine started in ohio, totally bypassed me to mississippi, but now it's in kentucky :)
    Maybe it will even come today *wink* wink *
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    O.k, so I decided to call Customer Service to get an assessment of where my order is. I ordered on-line on 2/28 (Tuesday night). As of this morning (3/2, Friday), here's the information they gave me:

My item is noted as shipped in their system, but there's no tracking number. I would imagine this means it's packaged, boxed and ready for Fed-Ex to pick up. The rep told me it will go out today or Monday (Boo!) as Fed-ex does not work on the weekends. Since it's 11:00 a.m., I'm hoping Fed-Ex will at least pick it up today (though it will sit in one of their warehouses or trucks over the weekend). Once in the hands of Fed-Ex, they couldn't tell me how long it would take. Does anyone else know?

So, I'm happy things are progressing, but it's hard to manage patience :).

Update: I don't know what made me look, but I pulled up the customer status web site again to confirm my order. Since this morning, my shipping information was updated. Here's my info:

Ordered: 2/28 (at 7:00 pm)
    Shipped: 3/1
    Picked up by Fedex: 3/2
    To be Delivered: 3/8

Uhm, why is it going to take almost a week to get from OH to CT? That makes zero sense. What happened to "expedited shipping"?

I guess I'll plan to start on 3/12.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Mine took 18 days to get here......but it's here now....
  • NovemberJune
    Yay!!!! USPS brought mine today! I'm starting today or tomorrow :D
  • mals422
    mals422 Posts: 41

I'm jealous! Mine made it to MA on the 2nd, but doesn't seem to have moved since. If it shows up in Monday's mail, I might start Monday night. I had wanted to do the kickstart, and the perfectionist part of me can't decide whether to wait another week (which I really don't want to do) so I can stick with the Monday-Saturday schedule, or to just start Monday night and make the best of it.

My decision is somewhat complicated by an obligation I have on Tuesday that means I can't work out Tuesday night, nor do I control what I'm going to have for dinner that night. I don't really want to start with double workouts Monday night and Tuesday morning, but I might end up doing just that.
  • gerbies

I'm jealous! Mine made it to MA on the 2nd, but doesn't seem to have moved since. If it shows up in Monday's mail, I might start Monday night. I had wanted to do the kickstart, and the perfectionist part of me can't decide whether to wait another week (which I really don't want to do) so I can stick with the Monday-Saturday schedule, or to just start Monday night and make the best of it.

My decision is somewhat complicated by an obligation I have on Tuesday that means I can't work out Tuesday night, nor do I control what I'm going to have for dinner that night. I don't really want to start with double workouts Monday night and Tuesday morning, but I might end up doing just that.

I so totally know what you mean! Mine is "scheduled" to arrive on 3/6 (Wednesday). Though I do not want to wait to start, the "I love structure" part of me will probably wait until Monday, 3/12 to start. I plan to continue working out this week until 3/12 and eat fairly clean. I will spend the additional days looking through everything, reading the materials and shopping for any food items she suggests that I do not already have in our fridge/pantry.

Having just finished another program that started on a Monday (Power90), I really LOVED the structure of the program and loved having my rest day on Sundays.

The great thing is that those of us who are waiting are excited and motivated to start!
  • gerbies
    OMG, I just checked the customer status web site and Fed Ex and it's "out on transit" in my town! I think I"ll be getting it today. I could try and start tonight...or I can start tomorrow with the workouts and get back on a Monday-Saturday schedule later.

SO EXCITED!
  • gerbies
    OMG, I just checked the customer status web site and Fed Ex and it's "out on transit" in my town! I think I"ll be getting it today. I could try and start tonight...or I can start tomorrow with the workouts and get back on a Monday-Saturday schedule later.

SO EXCITED!

I spoke too soon. The Fed Ex site now notes they dropped it off at my post office and will take another 1-2 days. Who knew Fed Ex worked in concert with the USPS? Oye vey!
  • NovemberJune

SO EXCITED!

I spoke too soon. The Fed Ex site now notes they dropped it off at my post office and will take another 1-2 days. Who knew Fed Ex worked in concert with the USPS? Oye vey!

Same here! USPS brought my package and FEDEX was who got it to my town from OHIO. Weird.
  • mals422
    mals422 Posts: 41
    The tracking info for mine hasn't been updated on either the Fed Ex site or the USPS site since the 2nd. Fed Ex says it's estimated to arrive today, so that's what I'm hoping for! I think I'm going to wait and start next Monday, and, like you guys, use the time in between to take a look at the food portion of the program. I don't expect to follow it fully, but I'm hoping it'll seem reasonable enough that I can come close.
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Hi! New here, but I have a little insight into the Fedex/USPS thing.

Fedex has a program where they work in concert with USPS and it's super cheap for the shipper. It is in no way "expedited" - that is a term that companies can throw out on their own to simply mean "faster than the slowest option." When we think "expedited," we think one or two day shipping, etc.

Anyway, Fedex ships part of the way, then drops off at the local post office, who then delivers to the house. It's cheaper for Fedex and therefore cheaper for the shipper.

I ordered yesterday on the phone and was supposed to get "free expedited shipping," but when I checked today, I was still charged $14.99 for "processing and handling." Customer service said that was different from shipping though.
  • gerbies

Fedex has a program where they work in concert with USPS and it's super cheap for the shipper. It is in no way "expedited" - that is a term that companies can throw out on their own to simply mean "faster than the slowest option." When we think "expedited," we think one or two day shipping, etc.

Anyway, Fedex ships part of the way, then drops off at the local post office, who then delivers to the house. It's cheaper for Fedex and therefore cheaper for the shipper.

I ordered yesterday on the phone and was supposed to get "free expedited shipping," but when I checked today, I was still charged $14.99 for "processing and handling." Customer service said that was different from shipping though.

Exactly! I read about this last night. There's no way it costs $15 to ship that way. I'm a bit cranky about the additional processing costs...but I guess there's nothing you can do if you want the program.
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member

Exactly! I read about this last night. There's no way it costs $15 to ship that way. I'm a bit cranky about the additional processing costs...but I guess there's nothing you can do if you want the program.

Yup, exactly! But I figure, even with that, I'm still paying less than joining a gym and hiring a personal trainer!
  • gerbies
    You're so right!

As an aside, I received my program today!! I'm going to officially start next Monday, but I'm excited to have it! I ordered a week ago today.
  • NovemberJune
    You're so right!

As an aside, I received my program today!! I'm going to officially start next Monday, but I'm excited to have it! I ordered a week ago today.

Yay! That was fast :)