Confession

Options
lookpretty
lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
I was doing really well, started at 150.2 got down to 144..2

I try to be ok but there is a lot in my life to bring me down so often I focus on just doing whatever it takes to be "ok", so recently one of my attempts at happiness caused me munchies, if it were a one day occurance fine but it wasnt, it was a week, today I am 146.5, I feel huge, absolutely huge, I feel like my stomach is bulbous and my legs are large, and this is even after being smaller than I started this challenge I just feel huge. I think Im bloated.

My lifestyle involves eating out fairly often, no lunch breaks, etc etc

I hope we repeat this challenge in March but I purchased a great cook book for low fat cooking and it has so many pictures and stuff, I never cook but I went to the store and actually went grocery shopping, cheeseburgers are my weakness and I havent had one for a week.

I am bad for starving myself to make quick losses then eat as I please, I would like to try indulgence daily in small amounts, the idea of salads, sugar free jello, etc etc makes me want to binge.

Also I adopted a dog this weekend so I will actually be committed to excercising for her.

I tend to not confess my mistakes because they are always tied to non food problems that I also dont want anyones input on.

Any support would be appreciated, I live a less than acceptable life to most but am ok, support for even me is important, I dont discuss diet or anything with friends

So there it is, I fell of the wagon but am sort of crawling back on

Replies

• Karoline01
    Karoline01 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with us, and no matter if you fell off the wagon, you can always jump back on!
    Today is a new day, let's start all over again. You had lost weight so if you keep trying, it will come off again.
    I believe that eating at home is healthier, when I go out I eat more than I should because even if I choose something healthy, there's always more calories than it should on salads, etc.. but if you do go out, try the healthier options.
    It also helps me during the week eat weight watcher lunches, that way at night i can eat whatever I cook with salad instead of getting rice or bread.
    Hang in there! hope everything gets better for you in your life.:flowerforyou:
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I dont do salads but most places have nice lower calorie stuff, macaroni grill friday had a 500 calories menu, saturday had a 550 calorie, sunday has a light option even though it was ethnic and higher wasnt that bad, just lifestyle forces me to eat dinnersout and lunchs I dont have a break room or fridge to use so I wing it
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. We have all had our ups and downs and we all deal with them differently. I wish you luck in this journey. Today is a new day.
  • tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Look pretty...
    We all certainly have our stuggles with food or we wouldn't be here. I truly sympathize with you because I suffered from eating disorders in my teens throughout my 20's and it is painful feeling huge, bloated and other things and actually seeing someone in the mirror that truly isn't you! You are beautiful and I wish you could see that. I've walked your shoes though and somehow you cant see it. I go back now (I am 44) and I think "omg... I thought I was FAT??? I went to Weight Watchers the first time when I was 22 because I weighed 131!!! I lost 9 pounds and couldn't get that last one pound off to be 120 and I was devastated!

It is so sad how food consumes and enslaves us! Food is supposed to be fuel for us! I am heavy now, but other than the control food still has over me, I do have a remarkable life. I found a wonderful spouse who truly loves me no matter. He treats me like a queen. I am still my own worst critic and I'm doing this for me...not because he wants me to. Sadly today is my confession too. This is the first time in the 45 or so days of doing this that I actually ate because I was stressed! I hate it! I now have only 74 calories left so basically I'm done. I didn't go over, but my dinner calories and snack consisted of trail mix and reese puffs because I was stress eating for crunch and quantity. I still want dinner, but I told myself, "too bad...you have no calories left, you can eat in the morning..." I am also pre-menstrual and could eat everything in the house! :( Hang in there and keep focus on you and changing behaviors! I don't know if you are a praying person, but I am and I will lift you up in my prayers tonight!
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    I know I am late to post but I wanted you to know that I am here. Change what we have spent years doing is not easy. Eat little meal and eat at least 5-6 times a day. try and stick with 300 breakfast 100 snack 400 lunch, 100 snack and then a 500 dinner. This will help and walk when ever you can, take the stairs instead of the elevator. You can do this and if you fall just stand right back up! Good luck, I know you can do it!