Ideal Balanced Meals/Calorie Size?

Options
What are some of your guys' meals look like? Im about 132 -135 lbs when I wake up in the morning. I take medication that surpreses my appetite, so I find it hard to ration out sizes. I do love cooking, and I also love eating balanced. Any ideas? Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner?

Replies

• addykins1
    addykins1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I probably have much less of a calorie requirement than you, but for breakfast I have oatmeal cooked in soy milk with apple, raisins + maple syrup, I have 0.5 cup of uncooked oats most days or 1 cup on days after a big workout or if im hungrier than usual. On weekends I might have like 8 pancakes (I love pancakes) or poached eggs on toast. I always have a big soy latte too.
    For lunches and dinner im pretty useless, I find protein + fats very filling and unappealing, so I guess I will keep an eye on this thread for ideas :)
  • aejaygoehring
    Options
    I eat six meals a day: three normal meals, and three "snacks." I try to make sure I include protein in each meal. My first few meals are usually smaller (breakfast + snack 1 = around 600 calories), and I work my way up as the day goes (dinner + snack 3 = around 1400 calories).

Breakfast is usually rolled oats (with brown sugar/cinnamon), perhaps with a side of fruit if I am not in a hurry. My first snack of the day might be hummus (served with fiber-enriched crackers to boost caloric value and fiber content).

Lunch varies; I try to find foods that are high in unsaturated fats, while still offering a good deal of protein. My second snack is a protein bar (typically Clif's Builder Bar, but I have been known to try a few others).

I use dinner to make up any calories I've missed in the day. If I am low on calories, I will try to find ways to add olive oil or other calorie-heavy substances to the meal to kick up the calories. Dinner is followed up with the last snack, which is usually my weight gain shake, which contains about 800 calories (when made with milk).

This gets me to a daily goal of around 2800-3000 calories.

@addykins1:

I had trouble getting enough food into each day because of how filling protein and fiber make foods. Splitting my day into 6 meals has really helped, because I can get myself to eat more than when I was trying to stuff all of my calories into three meals. Basically, I'm eating all day; I don't get a chance to enjoy food as much as I used to, though. Once I reach my weight goal, I may return to eating 3 meals a day, since I won't have to eat as much food to maintain my weight.
  • aaron_bossart
    Options
    Yea thats about where Im at. Most of my meals, generally when I cook atleast are about 300-600 calories. Give or take. It usually depends on how Im feeling. I LOVE cooking, and I try to make balanced portions. For breakfast I usually have oatmeal with unsalted raw mixed nuts and diced fresh fruit with about a half cup of soy milk.
    Lunch is usually a sandwhich with chicken and lots of veggies, or maybe a burrito with rice and beans. Snacks consist usually of an apple, or a granola bar. Dinner is usually when I get most of my calories.