WHAT'S ON YOUR PLAYLIST?

Options
I have two playlist. One to play while I'm getting dressed to work out and the other to play during my work out. I'm usually listening to Michael Jackson and singing at the top of my lungs while getting dressed and warming up. Then during my work out...depending on my mood...I'll switch to a mix of old skool/new skool hip hop or I'll crank up Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor. Or, I'll just keep Mike on the entire work out....lol.

Replies

• Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love that Madonna album. A lot of her songs are on my playlist. When I am running, I usually listen to any music that tells me to go and has a really fast pace such as Nicki Minaj's Roman Revenge (174 bpm) or Madonna's Revolver (david guetta mix). iadvise you to download that song if you like confessions on a dancefloor.

Elliptical is all dance music, Afrojack, David Guetta, Kaskade, etc. Strength training is some heavy bass hip hop (e.g. Drake's Motto, etc).

I think i am all over the place...haha
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Man I have to get with it, I don't have a playlist...i'm usually working out to a video but now that I think about it I could turn the volumn off and listen to my own music :flowerforyou:
  • Bricole0711
    Options
    I love listening to uptempo music and sexy music like Beyonce or RIhanna! LOL. It motivates me thinking about how I am going to drop those pounds and look like a superstar lol. I also like Katy Perry and Britney Spears lol
  • CappelleArt
    Options
    NgerianEbony your playlist is hooked up! LOL. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm searching for Revolver now:-))
  • MsKRachl
    MsKRachl Posts: 6
    Options
    I like to listen to iheartradio or pandora during my workouts. I have a variety of stations like Vikter Duplaix, Foreign Exchange, 4Hero and many others depending on my mood. One of my favorite workout songs at the moment is by LMFAO "Sexy and I Know It" :wink:
  • keyoniej
    keyoniej Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just found this forum. This is great. I've been on myfitnesspal for almost a year.

As for my playlist, one of my faves is Titanium by David Guetta. I also download the nonstop 60 workout mixes from Itunes. I use those for my cardio training.
  • PinkP1971
    PinkP1971 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I'm working out, this is some of my songs I like to hear that's on my playlist....

Tupac in "California Love", Missy Elliot in "Work It", "Pop That" (don't know the artist but I downloaded the song bcuz it's upbeat), "Lights, Camera, Action" (an old school joint), Ace Hood in "Hustle Hard", "Go Hard or Go Home", Tifa in "Tick it Like Clock", Beyonce in "Run the World" and "Check on It", plus on my Internet Radio, I listen to a lot of Old School Rap on Addicted to Radio and 90s Hip-Hop & RnB on Blazin' Hip Hop and RnB hits of the 90s on Addicted to Radio.....

Sometimes when I'm cooling off or do some household cleaning (which is also burning up some calories), I listen to Generations Reggae on my Internet Radio, as well as some R & B songs on my playlists like, Kendrick Lamar in "The Recipe" and "Staircases" (got a good beat on both of these songs), Big Krit in "Somedays", J. Cole in "Nobody's Perfect, Method Man and Mary J Blige in "I'll Be There For You", Swizz Beatz and Jadakiss in "Big Business", Wu-Tang in "C.R.E.A.M", Musiq Soulchild in "Buddy" and "So Beautiful", Janet Jackson in "Funny How Time Flies", Jill Scott in "Epiphany", "Crown Royal" and "So Gone", Maxwell in "Fortunate", Aaliyah, Missy Elliot, and Ginuwine in "Take Away", R. Kelly in "Gotham City", and Beanie Sigel in "Feel It In The Air".......ooooo man I got a lot of tracks on my playlist that I listen to....I can go on and on naming the music that keeps me going in the gym and when I'm burning some light cardio sessions at home cleaning up, stopping now and then to dance in the living room, and raking leaves or pulling weeds outside in my yard!!!
  • silkeywilkey
    silkeywilkey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The podcasts from DJ Baby U
  • redrose129
    redrose129 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    right now, AK New Day, Rihana Diamonds, Miguel Adorn, CB Don't Wake Me Up & Strip, Trey Songz 2 Reasons (CLEAN version... I was QUITE shocked to hear the explicit version) and Ciara Sorry & Like A Boy
  • Jeanet69
    Jeanet69 Posts: 19
    Options
    I can't believe I'm admitting to this one but Luke, 2 Live Crew, and Ying Yang Twins is on my playlist ! As rauncy as they were- it's great work out music!!
  • msphenderson1
    msphenderson1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I just found this forum! Well my work out play list is one I have created on Spotify called "hot little dance numbers I like" (friend me and we can share it, lol) But anyway, it has a lot of Usher, some Little Wayne, T.I., Kanye, Jay-Z, Missy Elliot, Floetry, just stuff I like to dance to. I use it on the elliptical a lot. For the slower tempos, I just increase the resistance. It gets me through it!:happy:
  • brownladya
    brownladya Posts: 10
    Options
    My running playlist consists of a whole bunch of Kanye West (which makes up most of my playlist), Pitbull, Chris Brown (the uptempo songs from both Fame and Fortune albums), Rihanna (Where Have You Been), Bruno Mars, Usher (OMG), ASAP Rocky's F***ing Problems, and a little Earth Wind & Fire and Jamiroquai (just to throw in a little disco funk). I typically like to listen to music that has an aggressive sound, quick beat, and serious bass... The aggression really helps me get through my runs! :)
  • Emjay70
    Emjay70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My playlist consists of so many artists. When I'm really pumped up, I like to listen to hip hop. I like Drake, Lil Wayne, 2chainz. I even listen to Fergie, cee lo. It just depends on my mood.
  • Fraideeecat
    Options
    During cardio I listen to the podcast The Read by Kid Fury & Crissle (because laughter also burns calories). Note: If you do this, please be careful. I almost fell of the elliptical laughing a couple days ago, smh. During strength training, hip hop normally keeps me hype (Meek Mill/Wale/Young Jeezy/T.I.), & I'll throw in a lil Gnarles Barkley/Beyonce/Rihanna in there for good measure, haha. Cool Downs right now are Amel Larreiux's "Mountain of When" & Massive Attack's "Paradise Circus"
  • RevTrina1
    Options
    Sistahs, Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I'm rather new to MFP having recommitted myself to regular workouts. I'm mostly in the gym on the treadmill and elliptical machine. I make my own play lists so I'll be adding these to the mix. I'm hope y'all don't mind me befriending you, I could use some support and encouragement on this journey. Peace, Trina
  • Howie3123
    Howie3123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Workout station on Pandora or southern hip hop. I just like variety!!!