I've been running into a problem...IDEAS??

Options
redtop2187
redtop2187 Posts: 31 Member
I work in an ER as most nights we have been absolutely non stop busy the past three nights. The problem is we are so busy I don't have time to track what I eat. Then when I get home I'm so exhausted I can't even think what I ate at work that night! I pack a lot of snacks that I can eat on the run but I again how do I keep up with it at work? Tonight when I am packing my snacks I am going to put a list in the lunch box. My hope is when I get home in the am I can log whatever is not in the lunch box. I would love to be able to keep up with when I eat the foods but it just might not happen!! Anyone else have this problem?? Ideas?

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I log food as I pack my bag, if I don't eat it I delete it when I get home. It's easier this way, I can just hit delete instead of trying to log food when I'm half asleep.
  • amyreafleng
    amyreafleng Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also add my food when I pack it...
  • redtop2187
    redtop2187 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! That is what I am going to start doing!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I log food as I pack my bag, if I don't eat it I delete it when I get home. It's easier this way, I can just hit delete instead of trying to log food when I'm half asleep.

This exactly.
    It's much easier to delete what you didn't eat when you are completely exhausted than to remember...well, anything!
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I keep a variety of snacks in my bag since I never know what will tickle my fancy that night. If I don't have time to log it when I eat it, I will put the wrapper/lid/box etc back in my back to remind me what I had
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If i get a break during the night i take two minutes and quickly log everything up to that point of the night - then when i get home there may only be one or two things to add
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yep, I know when I unpack my bag in the AM, what I've had. Sometimes I go ahead an plan what I'm going to have, and prelog, and it's easy enough(and very fulfilling) to delete the stuff I didnt eat. I try to never go to sleep without documenting...if I do...it's gone gone gone.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I log it when I pack it.
  • havalinaz
    havalinaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to preplan my meals and snacks for the next day. This way I can make sure I'm hitting all my nutritional goals, and don't get too side tracked when there are temptations. If something changes, its no biggie, I just delete and add the part that changed. I've found that this method works best for me, since I tend to grab junk food when I let myself get too hungry. This way I already know what snacks I can choose from before I turn into the cookie monster!