Wednesday, February 29th!

Options
Yay we get an extra day of exercise this year :) Just want to apologize for not being around much the last few days. Work is stressing me out to the max.

I'm still doing Ripped. I had another I dont feel like getting out of bed this morning days so i slept in a little and will do L4D2 tonight when i get home. Yesterday I didnt trust her at all to do reps on both sides and screwed up my workout a little bit and didnt get a great burn thinking tonight will be much better!

does anyone else wonder why they keep letting Basheera be the advanced person and Shelley the modifier... seems like that should really be switched up.

Replies

• birdieintx
    Options
    Last two days on Week 2 woohoo! I upped my weights yesterday and in some ways found the workout easier? It makes no sense but it was like my body wanted to feel the burn a little more. I've hit a little weight loss plateau so I'm hoping more weights might help that.
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've started alternating days between Ripped and 6 pack in 6 weeks. I'm really trying to focus on my midsection and getting rid of the flab there and I just felt like Ripped wasn't focusing enough on that area. I'm liking 6 pack though, it still has a ton of cardio and legs/arms work in it. My core sure is sore today and it feels great! =) I'll be starting on Week 3 on ripped today.

ETA--I also had to up my weights on Ripped because I didn't feel like I was getting anything out of the arm workouts with the little weights I had.
  • vickiiam
    Options
    Well, I am not getting off to quite the start that I did with 30 DS as I missed Sunday AND Tuesday but hopefully I will get my work out in tonight after work. I despise doing it at night but haven't been able to get motivated in the mornings either. Picked up two pounds since my last weigh in but Sunday's Daytona snack day did not help me in the least! In any event, I have completed Week 1, Day 4 - Come on Day 5! Have a good one, everyone!
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Finished w4d6 . . . yes!!! I've completed the first round and will start again tomorrow with heavier weights. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding another dvd that will work my upper body; my abs and legs are strong, but my arms and back need work.
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day. Ready to get back to it, Week 3 Day 1, tomorrow.
  • jshorr
    jshorr Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Did W2 D1 today and enjoyed it, but I just had energy and time today (two things that rarely coincide) so I did a bunch of cardio at my mom's apartment gym. Felt great, but I know I will feel it tomorrow!

To Ivondy: I did 6wk6pck a few days ago and really enjoyed it, too! It goes so fast though that I feel like after getting it down I could get a better burn from it. My abs were definitely sore from it, but did you feel like your arms were burning as well? Most of the "floor" exercises are actually off the floor, but being held up by your arms and legs. I liked the variety!

To Everyone: GREAT JOB!!!!! Seems like some of you upping the weights are getting stronger! What weight are you all using?

I'm using 5 pound weights and feel like they are working me out, but some exercises I feel like I need more weight(like biceps) and some my 5 pounds seem so heavy(my triceps). I guess it's really just making me more aware of where my body is weakest.
  • ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    does anyone else wonder why they keep letting Basheera be the advanced person and Shelley the modifier... seems like that should really be switched up.

I agree with you Robyn. Seems like Basheera was halfa$$.ng it a bit in the first week as well, whereas Shelly seemed more intense than I expected to see from a 'modifier'.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    after W1 D1

IMG00276-20120203-0804.jpg

after W4 D1

IMG00318-20120228-1020.jpg

do you see some progress?
  • jshorr
    jshorr Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Totally. You look like a lean machine!!!!