What are you doing to train right now??

Options
What are you doing to train right now, how far/ how fast are you walking/running??

Replies

• Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    At the moment i am in week 7 day 3 of the C25K program. Running about 6:45 min per kilometer, for a distance of 4.7 km. (jmy new record of today ;) )

I run every other day at the moment, unless i am too tired and my heartrate hasnt gone down enough wich might indicate overtraining.
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    According to one of my books:

If you are under 30
    > If you can walk 1 mile in 13 minutes or less, you're in great shape.

30 to 39
    > A 14 minute mile means you're in good cardiovascular health.

40 to 59
    > A 14 to 15 minute mile means you're in peak condition.

60 to 69
    > Doing a 15 minute my is an excellent pace.

70 plus
    > If you can walk 1 mile in about 18 minutes you're very fit.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer. I just started Phase 3 Monday :)
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    At the moment i am in week 7 day 3 of the C25K program. Running about 6:45 min per kilometer, for a distance of 4.7 km. (jmy new record of today ;) )

I run every other day at the moment, unless i am too tired and my heartrate hasnt gone down enough wich might indicate overtraining.

That's amazing!! Sounds like you are doing fantastic so far. Are you training with a group of people?
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    I'm doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer. I just started Phase 3 Monday :)

I'm doing Jamie Eason too :wink:
    I'm on phase one where there is no cardio but in about 2 weeks I'm going to begin training for my 5k while also doing Jamie Eason. As of now, I'm still getting some walking in but nothing to extreme.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    According to one of my books:

If you are under 30
    > If you can walk 1 mile in 13 minutes or less, you're in great shape.

30 to 39
    > A 14 minute mile means you're in good cardiovascular health.

40 to 59
    > A 14 to 15 minute mile means you're in peak condition.

60 to 69
    > Doing a 15 minute my is an excellent pace.

70 plus
    > If you can walk 1 mile in about 18 minutes you're very fit.

Yay, i just checked my endomondo.com to see how fast i run a mile and today i ran my fastest mile 10:19. So im in great shape :D

Also i run alone without any music. I used to run with music, but i find it easier to keep a steady pace without the beats of the music to distract me ;)
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing during phase 1. I sit at a desk all day and would walk for about 20 minutes during lunch to get moving but that's it. Now that I'm on Phase 3 I don't mind sitting all day since I've beat myself up in the gym before coming into the office lol
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do 30 min on the elliptical 3-4 times a week. Usually I do 3.1-3.3 miles in that time.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    I do 30 min on the elliptical 3-4 times a week. Usually I do 3.1-3.3 miles in that time.

Oh...see! You could already run/walk a 5k with no problem than I bet.:wink: