Medifast changed my life..

Options
My ticker only displays the last 20 lbs that I am trying to lose...but I have lost almost 75 lbs with Medifast. My whole life has changed!!

Replies

• flicka82
    flicka82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me too! I was just resigned to the fact that I would always be fat and there was nothing I could do about it. I even considered WLS but I knew that I would have to change the food that I ate FOREVER. That scared me!

However, when I had a physical checkup done and my A1C was elevated, I knew something had to change. I definitely did not want to start losing pieces of my feet and legs like my ex-husband and my grandfather due to diabetes.

I am so glad I found Medifast!!! It has saved not only the quality of my life, but my whole life as well!!!
  • Teuila99
    Teuila99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Thanks for sharing. I recently started Medifast on Jan1 of this year and it has been like a God-send for me. I was introduced to the program by a coworker who lost a substantial amount of weight over a year. I thank him everytime I see him because had it not been for him, I probably would not have ever tried this. Seeing was believing for me and after much contemplation about how out of control my eating/weight had been, I took the plunge and gave it a go. It is amazing how much life can change in just 3 months. I haven't felt this great in years and I owe it all to Medifast. MFP has also been a wonderful find for me. This site is so motivational. I am so moved when I read of the challenges so many on here have overcome. It is so inspirational to see the transformations that many of you have made.

My best friend had gastric bypass last summer and I was pretty sure that I wanted to do the same. Unfortunately, my she has had to deal with many serious complications, including additional surgeries. It was a nightmare for a while there. Thank God she is getting better now. Seeing everything she went through, I decided that I would do whatever it took to lose this weight without surgery.

I look forward to continuing my journey and experiencing more milestones along the way. I wish you all continued success! Medifast is truly a life-saver!!! I could use some Medifast buddies here on MFP, so please add me if you could use a battle buddy along the way too. =) Have a great weekend!
  • justmel4now
    justmel4now Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for sharing that...I recently restarted medifast after a 30 pound loss over a year ago...unfortunately I fell off and gained back-so now I'm climbing the mountain again. On Day 4-the first week is hell, I remember now! Stick with it, had several inspiring stories within my community too, folks that hit rock bottom healthwise and now are improving in so many ways. I appreciate you!
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I came back on Jan 1.... lost a lot a few years ago & recently felt getting out of control so back to 5/1 plan...Medifast is the best!
  • Teuila99
    Teuila99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! The first week is always the hardest. I remember seriously thinking that I would not be able to make it through the end of that first week. I was soooo hungry and still had so many cravings for really bad foods. After my first weigh in, I was astounded at how much I'd lost and was super psyched to keep with the plan. It was so worth it! Keep up the great work that you have started!!
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I fight cravings all the time. My scale has been stuck because of myself and slipping. Today is the first day that I am 100% OP. It is mostly because my stomach revolted last night and I swore that I would do it right. That is when my stomach is happiest.