Well, it is almost Thursday...

Options
And we don't have much progress toward our meal plan... 1400 cals, with a suggestion of putting most cals in the earlier hours of the day...

Does no one want to make suggestions? I will put together a healthy menu if no one else wants to, but I always build around a larger supper, so that is how I'd be most comfortable doing it...

Replies

• 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lessofmeplease,

I've had a crazy week. I have some time tomorrow. I could also put together a total meal plan. I was thinking along the lines of:

Mini quiches (the recipe I posted) for breakfast, with something else.

Morning snack: protein fruit smoothie

Lunch: turkey avocado spinich and cheese wrap in whole wheat tortilla, with something else

AFternoon snack: celery and peanut butter?

Dinner: I like the tilapia idea, but don't have any recipes. I was going to go with a chicken and veggies dish. Maybe grilled chicken with baked eggplant slices (with mediterannean seasoning).

The "with something else" would be filled in depending on available calories once the main pieces are added up. Some fresh fruit. Some raw almonds. Maybe air popped popcorn?
  • 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if we want a dessert, we really like the chocolate popsicles for 100 cal, I think by Weight Watchers. Yum.
  • LessOfMePlease
    LessOfMePlease Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    3trees,

I also do not have a tilapia recipe, but wondered about putting a spin on it and including a meal out - since that is reality for "most" dieters, to be having to choose from a menu.

I personally often select the Harvest Chicken Salad (regular) from Quizno's and use only 1/2 the dressing, which lands the entire dish at about 335 cals (though the sodium is slightly high at ~800mg). This salad includes dark greens, dried cranberries, chicken, honey dijon, grapes, and apples with an acai vinaigrette and is all-around healthy except the sodium, as I mentioned.

Just a thought.

And I think your breakfast quiches are a great idea. I'm going to try them myself!

Another dessert idea might be Trader Joe's coffee latte and cream bars - 90 cals each, ice creamy delicious, and pretty good stats all the way around.

I'll be available intermittently today (more remodel work), so will check back around 12 CST for any further input.

~Michelle
  • MrsFrogLegs
    Options
    I want to say THANK YOU for working on this menu! I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing. Like I said I am out of my league on this one. I will however help in anyway I can. Please use me if you need help. Just message me!

Thanks again,
    MrsFrogLegs!!!!