how long were you out of work..I have a problem with FMLA!!

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
SOOOOo I have a issue that I would rather not be dealing with but am. Because I had surgery in Dec and I am on fmla for my son, i wont have enough time to cover all of my leave for my surgery, go figure, anyways....I emailed my surgeon today to see if it would be feasible to go back to work after 10 days, I work 3 days a week 12 hour days, while I am on my feet alot, I am a nurse I really dont do all that much lifting. So my coordinator said she would speak with him and doesnt see a prob as long as I dont lift and I feel up to it.

weigh in here with your opinions, I have another option of cutting my sons fmla short, and going back to work like today and starting my fmla the day before surgery, that would give me more time after surgery. I really hate to work on the liquid phase, but maybe if I did time would go faster I dont know

Replies

• skatermom503
    Options
    My post op instructions were return to work in 2 weeks if I did light work or sat a lot and 4 weeks for an physically demanding job. I am a nurse too so unless your coordinator can guarantee no lifting and put you at the desk a lot, I'd wait the 4 weeks. Good luck!
  • skatermom503
    Options
    Going back for a few weeks sounds like a good option as long as it doesn't impact your son. And, really, keeping busy will make the liquid diet a lot easier. Trust me, these 2 weeks will go quickly. When I had my surgery, I only found out the date 2 weeks before and it was like OMG! Know it's unreal to you now but it will be a new beginning for you! I wish I had done it when my kids were small.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, prob was solved I spoke with the benefits ladie in human resources and all is well, if I need to be off past the fmla, they will just put me on medical leave for the remaining time and my job will b fine on my current floor, phew...I just didnt like the idea of not knowing if I would be returning to my floor, to what I know, or to something all together different that I may not like. I like my cancer patients and my coworkers. But I am good, and the bariatric coordinator is still gonna talk with the surgeon. she said though 3 weeks would be good for sure.
  • jazzie2421
    Options
    I was back to work in a week and a half. I had a sedentary job though. After a full hysterectomy I was back to work part time in two weeks.... because I was bored. LOL