Anone else starting today March 1 or close to today?

Options
meshashesha2012
meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
I'm excited.

I'll take some before shots and will take another pic at the start of each new phase.

Replies

• Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on downloading it to my Kindle and starting on Sunday. I'll try to join you. I think I really need a good program. A bit scared though. Never done a deadlift or anything...and there's a pack of teenage gym rats that intimidate me a bit. Time to get over it. Good luck to you!
  • Leahnh
    Leahnh Posts: 30
    Options
    I just started this past week... so far so good! Good luck to you both!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today!
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Gotta push my start date back a bit. Still lots of reading to do.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    dont be afraid of the deadlift. once you do it you'll realize you have do it. ever picked a grocery bag or box up from the floor onto the counter? or lifted a toddler from the floor onto a chair or couch? that's pretty much all it is. You can do it!
  • Nelski
    Options
    dont be afraid of the deadlift. once you do it you'll realize you have do it. ever picked a grocery bag or box up from the floor onto the counter? or lifted a toddler from the floor onto a chair or couch? that's pretty much all it is. You can do it!

Exactly! I actually really started to like deadlifts after getting the proper form.
  • amandacochran15
    Options
    For some of you ladies that just started, can you please explain this to me? I'm confused on what the part that says workout 1 and 2... and so on mean...

Just started reading the book and am ready to begin. I am trying to map out my schedule and am completely confused. I don't understand in Stage 1, the workout 1 and 2, 3 and 4... and so on. Am I supposed to start (A) doing 2 sets of 15 squats for the first week and then 2 sets of 15 pushup and seated row for the first week... and so on? And then the next week is 3 and 4? I am compleyely lost.
  • Nelski
    Options
    For some of you ladies that just started, can you please explain this to me? I'm confused on what the part that says workout 1 and 2... and so on mean...

Just started reading the book and am ready to begin. I am trying to map out my schedule and am completely confused. I don't understand in Stage 1, the workout 1 and 2, 3 and 4... and so on. Am I supposed to start (A) doing 2 sets of 15 squats for the first week and then 2 sets of 15 pushup and seated row for the first week... and so on? And then the next week is 3 and 4? I am compleyely lost.

It can seem a little tricky at 1st. For stage 1 there are 2 different workouts A & B. So you will alternate those, like do A on Mon then B on Wed, A on Fri, etc. You will do each workout, 8 times throughout the stage, so total of 16 in about 6 weeks if you do them 3 times a week. So when it shows, workout 1,2 at 15 reps, it's telling you to do that particular move the 1st and 2nd time at 15 reps. Then when you move onto the 3 & 4th time you do it, you will do 12 reps and so on.
    Does that help at all, not sure if I'm explaining it right. I understand it in my head but not sure if I'm putting it into words correctly.
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I get my book tomorrow. I cannot wait to start!!!
    I am on a 4 week plateau and I just know this is going to make all the difference.
    taking pics and measurments tonight! (I'm 60 days in-so the timing is perfect!)