Newbie!

Options
Hello! My name is Marta and I like the sound of this group. I have been to MFP before, however I am the most unmotivated individual ever!
I use to run long distance on a regular basis. That was a looooong time ago. Last summer I managed to have a good running schedule, I was starting to feel good, motivated and than we brought home a puppy. The sleepless nights totally derailed me.

I am a mom of three, a wifey and totally out of shape! My goal is to loose 20-25 pounds and get some strength and over all fitness back!

I went on a good long walk with the dog this morning. I felt good, but sooooo tired! BOO!

My life time goal is to participate in a NY City and Boston Marathon and try a Iron Man/Woman thingy. However at the way I am doing things, I doubt Iwill ever get there!

Looking forward to meeting some new people and getting into shape!

Replies

• NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marta. You have the power to meet your goals, it's all up to you.
    My name is Naomi.
  • Bibil
    Bibil Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello this is day 1 for me trying to jog. Its hard since my asthma tends to act up. But I want to build the endurance. 5 minutes is the most I can jog at a time. Good luck.
  • wocko6092
    wocko6092 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hi my name is mike and i also like the sound of this group. i like to jog but i find it hard to get myself up and go. so i thought if i joined then i have no choice but to do it. so now it will not be just me i'm letting down but also the group and i cant let that happen. so i hope this works.