HUGE NSV for me

Options
Cindym82
Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
I finally got diagnosed with hypothyroidism and Vit D being low, now I can be on the road to getting my life back. I know it wont be easy but it has to better than how it's been. So glad I followed my gut and got a second opinion. Now I want to go back to my primary and shove it in his face.....jerk!!!

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have low vitamin D too. It is way more common than it used to be.
  • magtize
    magtize Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also have low vit D and hypothyroidism.Glad you got some answers.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Just remember it may take a while for the meds to really have an impact - don't be discouraged if it takes a while. It's definitely worth it when they kick in.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You have been waIting so long for this - amazing!! Vitamin D is so important, especially to women! My doctor today put me on 50,000 MG per week of Vitamin D. I also got a B12 shot in the butt -- man did I have a wonderful day!! :happy:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    LOL terri, yeah after talking to him it seems that I probably had this my whole life but more than likely when my dad passed away 10yrs ago it really flared up. So he told me keep up with the exercise and hopefully with the Vit D I should start to feel a little better but to remember if i'm having a "bad" two weeks to call him immediately to get tests done, also told me to take B12 and try to start limiting my wheat because apparently i'm sensitive to it and that it takes time but we will get there. I'm completely relieved, i know it takes time i'm just happy someone finally listened to me and did other tests!!! My pcp just brushed me off, blamed it on my period....like seriously???