meeting min. calories

Options
After weeks of dedication, and logging all my meals, generally hitting the mark or going over, I got sick last weekend and could barely eat, I felt very discouraged that I lost almost 7 pounds in a few days, did not even want to log because I was so far under, and now almost a week later am back on the ball (getting there) and not willing to give up! Currently back to 146# and shooting for 165, with about 3,000 calorie a day goal. Lifted light today upper body - shoot for heavy legs sunday to start the week if I still feel good.

Replies

• 01divey
    01divey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    firstly, well done for sticking with it, its easy to get disheartened and want to give up.
    I am currently on day 3 of cutting for a couple of months, but i decided to join this new group as im into bulking/cutting/building muscle and very interested in eating clean and good nutrition.
    thanks!
  • BigLadBigLad
    BigLadBigLad Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been using this app for 15 months or so now to track what I eat aiding my weight training. Over the months I have found that around 3500 cals I was maintaining weight so I increased to 4000 cals and over the weeks I noticed increases in my weight so stuck at it but I then started to notice bodyfat increases (either wasn't training hard enough or eating too much) and dropped down to 3000 again (still at this at moment) along with changing my weight training routine (8 week routine). Now I'm going to slowly increase and monitor as well as starting a new routine. I take in on average weekly 33% Protein, 34% Carbs, 33% Fats.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Illness is a killer isn't it!

I got tonsillitis over Christmas and dropped about the same, 7lbs. If you were the same as me - a lot of it may be down to lack of fluids so that's an easy few lbs accounted for. Still annoying that it undoes hard work like that.

I'm currently circa 3300 cals/day and only seem to be maintaining. It's hard to eat so much though. People moan about only being able to eat 1500 or 2000 per day but I would love that instead of force feeding myself to the point of indigestion!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I have problems getting up to 2100! How do you guys do it without a lot of processed foods?
  • ronakcvr
    ronakcvr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can you plz share how you manage to eat 3500-4000 calories in terms of food. What do you include as part of your meals. I am struggling to make it to 2600 every day. Appreciate your help.
  • BigLadBigLad
    BigLadBigLad Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    migarcia3, ronakcvr take a look at my food diary to see what i eat, its quite easy to reach 3000cals in a day.
  • 01divey
    01divey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    make things like whole milk, chicken, natural peanut butter a part of your diet.
    just 300ml of whole milk contains around 180 calories. add that to each meal and you can bump your calories up.
    nuts are high in good fats and therefore high in calories?
  • ronakcvr
    ronakcvr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! will do that.
  • AnthonyBarbaria
    Options
    Yah there are a few simple tricks to add calories, say for our friend who doesn't want to eat a lot of processed: Try adding peanut butter (2-4 Tablespoons) and raisins to your Oatmeal in the morning, Adds healthy fat, protein, as well as carbs (quik) to your start, generally approx. 600-88 cals per serving, follow that with a protein/carb shake (Pro Carbs, for example and 100% Whey) to add an additional 400 calories. There's a 1,000 to start your day right! Btw I am feeling much better and back to hitting my marks, thanks for the support guys.