Post heart attack drugs

Options
priv8life
priv8life Posts: 24 Member
Just started my drugs... what might I expect?
• Lipitor 40mg for cholesterol… which is was 140 during Tuesday’s lab results. It’s working.
• Brilinta 90mg 2X/day (new drug)… anticoagulant to keep clotting off the new stents. Take this for one year.
• Corvedilol 25mg 2X/day Beta blocker blood pressure med. This one works on heart efficiency
• Lisinopril 2.5mg ACE inhibitor blood pressure med. This one works on the blood vessels.
My blood pressure was consistently 116/63 in the hospital
• Aspirin 81mg – blood thinner
• Nitroglycerin .4mg – if needed for another heart attack.

Replies

• han0115
    han0115 Posts: 8
    Options
    Here's mine:

pantoprazole sodium 40mg
    bisaprolol 5mg
    valsartan 80mg
    asa 81mg
    plavix 75 mg
    tansulosin hydrochloride .4 mg
    coenzme co q10 250mg
    atorvastatin calcium 80mg

I have a shot of nitro if I need it but haven't needed it since November 2010. Actually never used it and hope I never have to!!
    My blood pressure is usually around 109/64/58 during the day.
    The only thing I get is sore legs sometime's. Going to cardiologist this fall and have to loose 20 lbs.:( Having trouble with the wieght.

Hope this helped you.

Bob
  • wd61dp
    wd61dp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I take 1/2 of a 25mg of lopressor time released. It was just reduced at my 1 year anniversary doc appt.'s yesterday. My blood pressure was dropping too low at times. The other side affect was a little (excuse the pun) problem with erctyle disfunction. I aso take Effeint (blood thinner), 325 mg of aspirin, livalo (cholesterol) and Niaspan. Supplements include Co Enzyme Q10, mutliple. Of course the main side affect is fairly easy bruising. I found the effient to work better than Plavix. (with regards to bruising.
  • wd61dp
    wd61dp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also carry Nitro
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Anyone having side effects of these drugs?
  • priv8life
    priv8life Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm good so far on these drugs. Have not used Nitro yet. Might bleed a bit longer from a shaving cut.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That's great Pri8life, so you have no feet pain, muscle pains, aching, no brief coughing spells that feel like a feather in your throat, just no problems at all? WONDERFUL!

(lots of side effects are not ever recognized by patient AS side effects, and are often seen as whole separate new issue)
  • wild1ncrazy1
    wild1ncrazy1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had quad bypass 1 year ago I'm on
    Aspirin
    Atorvastatin 80mg.
    Vitamins

They put me on a beta, but my blood pressure while on that was low, one night it dropped to 89/52 so they took me off that. My blood pressure is right around 115/75 everyday. I run a 5k every morning and my resting heart rate after surgery was over 80 for months it is now under 60 usually 56.
    My beta blocker was metoprolol and I had very bad reactions to it.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Hi wild1ncrazy1! It's great to see you're on so few drugs! I had a beta blocker too, to start with, but it seemed to be causing some problems so changed to a calcium channel blocker. I had about a year or so of playing about with the medication to get it right, and getting medication for the side effects of medication, and not being able to tolerate some! I'm thinking now that I could reduce it a bit more.
  • KimberlyDawnEman
    Options
    I'm on:

Lipitor 80 x1
    Plavix 75 x1
    Isosorbide mononitrate 5mg x2 daily (a nitrate because of blood clots and mini heart attacks post op)
    Aspirin 82mg x1

My side effects have mainly been muscle aches/weakness from the Lipitor as it breaks down muscle tissue.
    The Iso is being used because I have extremely low BP and a beta blocker isn't acceptable for me. This artery dilator also lowers it and causes headaches (opens brain/head vessels 1st & quickly) but my BP stabilizes quicker with this.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberley. I also have low BP - it's funny, because you'd get the impression that we're "supposed" to have high BP! And yes, some of the drugs have the side effect of lowering BP which is great if it's high to start with, not so good for those of us who are low to start with! Mine seems to have levelled out these days and is closer to normal, though.
  • Roxiedae12
    Roxiedae12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was in brilenta x2 a day too, but my blood got so thin they put me on plavix 75 mg