day 2 - food for thought while you shred

Options
NubianSpirit
NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
good day ladies! since we are logging in from all over the world i have no idea what time it is for any of you! :tongue:

some food for thought as you get started (or wrap up) your day 2 workout (from Jillian Michael's MAKING THE CUT):
"VISUALIZATION: the technique of visualization uses thoughts and imagination to bring about major life changes. it's simple: simply picture in your mind the object of your desire (whether it's a situation, an event, or an image of yourself) as vividly as possible. spend time concetrating on the image of wish fulfillment, truly believing in it as if it were already real. be detailed and comprehensive, and be sure to include your emotional well-being in this vision as well. the reason visualization works is that your brain can't tell the difference between a real event and an imagined one; so by using your imagination, you can create positive experiences that improve your self-image and your skills, help you release worry, realize your goals, and so on - the possibilities are endless. you can now create an image of your body that fits your genetic type and potential. it must be a vision that you can believe, not one that will be out of reach. for example, i'm never going to be able to slam-dunk like shaq-i'm five foot two, for godsake; but it doesn't mean that i can't play one hell of a mean basketball game. i will be the best player that i can be, and at the end of the day that's what counts. your imagination can be the source of your fear, but it can also provide the remedy. by harnessing the power of your imagination and practicing visualization techniques, you will make your mind work for you, not against you."

FYI: i have a photoshopped version of me that includes my ideal measurements and weight, i use positive mantras when i run (mostly when i'm struggling), and i push like hell for my body to be as tone and beautiful as natalie's.

happy friday 30ds-ers!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options

your imagination can be the source of your fear, but it can also provide the remedy. by harnessing the power of your imagination and practicing visualization techniques, you will make your mind work for you, not against you."

Thanks, Nubian Spirit...I LOVE your encouragement...but especially selected the quote above!! I had trouble committing to JM30DS...and I'm great with the group ... but there will be days...like the week-end that I have to challenge...so willl let "be the master of my mind...not let my mind master me"...THX!

:flowerforyou: Debbie
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Thank you so much for the inspirational thoughts this morning! It really helps!!

I wish I was that good with phot shop. I'm gonna have to practice.