Hi! I'm new

Options
leahsevilla
leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
Thanks for starting this group. I've got about 5-8lbs left to lose and it won't budge. Tips encouraged/appreciated!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Hi! It took me from September until January to lose the last 2 pounds. Unfortunately I am not kidding! Admittedly, I set my calories for maintenance from Thanksgiving through New Years. Even so, it took forever! I encountered a long plateau (2 months) before where upping my calories snapped me out of it. The last and final plateau was all about just waiting it out. I tried everything: exercise routine change, zig zagging calories, etc. and nothing worked. Then one day, the scale started moving again.

Make sure you have MFP set to lose 0.5 lb/week. Also, if you don’t already do so, try eating back some or all of your exercise calories. Lastly just be patient. Unfortunately, the home stretch seems to be the hardest part!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been stuck on a plateau since Oct, within 3 lbs. of my goal weight of 138. As of this am, I weigh 139.6, so I am 1.5 lbs, from my goal. It is extremely frustrating, but if you can be patient, you will get there. Just stick with whatever routine has been working for you. I find that as you get closer to your goal, you are actually going to be hungry, so Mel's idea of increasing the calories is a good one, also adjusting your weight loss to .5/lb week. I also think it helps to watch your fluid intake and to try to increase or at least vary your exercise. Try something new.

We can all work together to reach our UWG.
  • islandStyle15
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too! I've lost 12lbs so far. I have 9 more to go! I was at a plateau for almost a month, I increased my carb intake and I finally saw the weight begin to come off again. For some reason my metabolism works better with carbs!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I lose a pound or two, I gain it back. But I know why. I'm eating too much and I can't do cardio because I'm recovering from an injury. Right now, I'm trying to stay in a holding position.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Here I am two months later, and I am still one pound away from my goal. My patience is wearing thin. I am afraid to zig zag or up my calories. I may have to try something soon. Right now I have been trying to work on the exercise piece. I recently bought some 8 and 10 lb. hand weights. How is everyone else doing?
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Here I am two months later, and I am still one pound away from my goal. My patience is wearing thin. I am afraid to zig zag or up my calories. I may have to try something soon. Right now I have been trying to work on the exercise piece. I recently bought some 8 and 10 lb. hand weights. How is everyone else doing?

I'm stuck until my injury heals. My approach is straightforward. I don't do things like zigzag.
  • DeirdreMum8
    DeirdreMum8 Posts: 68
    Options
    New as well! I am trying to kick off 10lbs. Have lost 25 since our youngest was born, and am stumped at this last 10. Hopefully I can mix things up and get it off. I am 135, 5'7, and hope to be 125 feeling healthy:) Look forward to this group, ~
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    I wish this group had more activity. Are people on MFP very often not successful? Do they feel they no longer have a need for it once they see major gains? Other theories?
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hey there! I totally fell off the MFP wagon for a little while. I was still exercising but not logging food. Started stress eating the last couple months with school and personal stuff going on. Although I was exercising, I still put on a few lbs. So where I was only 8 lbs away from my goal, I'm now 14 lbs away. I'm trying to get back on track. Hopefully, the few of us that are on this boad can support and encourage each other.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I wish this group had more activity. Are people on MFP very often not successful? Do they feel they no longer have a need for it once they see major gains? Other theories?

I check in here once in a while. I was successful though! I met my goal in early February and have been maintaining ever since.
  • mfpcopine
    Options

I check in here once in a while. I was successful though! I met my goal in early February and have been maintaining ever since.

Congratulations.:flowerforyou:
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Hey there! I totally fell off the MFP wagon for a little while. I was still exercising but not logging food. Started stress eating the last couple months with school and personal stuff going on. Although I was exercising, I still put on a few lbs. So where I was only 8 lbs away from my goal, I'm now 14 lbs away. I'm trying to get back on track. Hopefully, the few of us that are on this boad can support and encourage each other.

Sounds good. :smile: