Need support

Hi,
My name is Laurie and I had the lapband done a year ago. I have lost 35 pounds but I have been at a stand still for a while now. I do not want another fill. I really need to change what I am eating and exercise. I also have been diagnoised with fibromyalgia - which doesn't help with an exercise progam. Is there anyone in this group that has any suggestions? Most protiens are really hard to eat. I find eating junk food is easier.

Replies

• Hi Laurie,
    I'm a bander since 2010, I've been at the same weight for awhile now, struggled eating. we took out a little 8 weeks ago and I gained 11 pounds because i could eat and did eat anything i wanted. So i just joined myfitnesspal because on the days I watch my calories it works. I take cymbalta for fibromyalgia, have you tried that? That and Celebrex and amitriptyline. it seems like a lot sometimes, but between them they seem to pretty much cover the knots in my back to the sciatic pain in my hips and tailbone. I know thats a lot to share, but I just wanted to let you know I understand what's going on. I never thought i could run, but I started doing the couch to 5K, (C25K) with an app on my phone and got through quite a bit last summer till it got too hot and my kids started school and messed up my schedule. I started back again in January. It's not always easy, but I find that when I do it, my joints, etc. do feel better. whether its from endorphin release or what i don't know. I like to crunch of stuff, so chips are my downfall. so at work I keep a bag of veggies and the small lite ranch dip to snack thru out the day or maybe a pine of blueberries.
    my motto is to just keep trying, one thing at a time seems to stick better, than trying to do an overhaul drastic improvement. We can support each other.

Rebekah