Making Time To Run

Options
ingot81
ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
I am a Zumba instructor with two permanent classes. I decided to use these as cross training and fit my runs in the other 5 days - thinking that would be a good compromise.

Since I started my half marathon training (10 weeks to go) I managed to get through week 1 (3 runs a week - Hal Higdon) but this past fortnight I've covered 9 extra classes. This means I'm struggling to fit my runs in and, when I do them, it's on tired legs.

I'm debating getting up before work (I'm a full time primary school teacher) so I can run on fresh legs but I know I will struggle to get up.

Any advice?

Replies

• danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am doing Hal's Novice 1 program and run only 4 days a week, cross on two days and rest on one. I think the rest day is very important too! I think the most important run is the long run and wouldn't skip that for sure. I am sure you are in great cardio health from teaching your classes and know that you still need some extra runs but if you can do the long run on fresh legs and at least two others on maybe not so fresh I think that would be plenty. I am no expert though!
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I usually schedule Saturday as a rest so I will do my long run then and use my Zumba Gold day as a "rest" as it's low impact. Thanks for your input.