easier or harder?

Options
inscrutable
inscrutable Posts: 7 Member
I find motivating myself easier now that I am diabetic with a family member who died of complications recently. Figuring carbs and calories is like a puzzle to make the pieces fit and mfp is great.

However sometimes I envying those who are only overweight because they can save up calories for a. Treat and I need to keep carbs at pretty steady levels and on a regular schedule. I set alarm to get up for breakfast at six and have my evening snack at nine so I then need to stay up till eleven but luckily I can nap if I need to in daytime.

Schedule makes it easier to stick to regular exercise routine too.

Right now i am am highly motivated but its only forty days. Is it easier to stay motivated n the beginning or when you arrived almost at goal. (or do you then say what the heck its only ten more pounds forget it?)

I know this is a lifestyle change and am committed but hopefully I will get to switch from loss diet to maintenance diet at some point in this lifetime!

Replies

• bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It gets easier, not just because. I believe there is a reason things get easier:
    a) As you learn more about this you learn to manage it better. You learn about nutrition
    b) You learn about how things effect your body. What a food does to me, doesn't necessarily mean that is what it will do for you.
    c) Motivation waivers but when you start feeling better it helps to motivate you.
    d) You learn to read your body without the use of a monitor. For instance I don't need a monitor to tell me when I'm low, I can tell by the dizzy feeling. I don't need a monitor to tell me when I'm high, I can tell by the headache I get.

To me this is still a puzzle, but then again I like puzzles. When I first lowered my blood sugars I felt horrible, being in "normal" ranges was very uncomfortable to me. When I dropped weight a few years ago and drastically reduced my waist size, my blood sugar got much worse. People vary so you figure out what works for you.

It is harder when you have a family and you try to balance between their eating habits and what you need. One thing that motivated me was reading food labels and picking up a piece of food and saying do I really want to walk on the treadmill for 2 hours to back up for that 1 inch block of chocolate I just ate, nope not worth it.