Horrible month.

Options
Evelyn_22
Evelyn_22 Posts: 70 Member
So I just restarted Myfitnesspal my last one looked awful so I had hope by restarting it i would have more incentive to do better. NOPE. I haven't had a day this month under 2,000 calories. Ill do good for breakfast and lunch then PIG out at the end of the day. It will be like Breakfast 300 cals,Lunch 250 cals,binge 1500-2000 cals.

How do you guys handle it? How can I stop it? If i keep this up i'm going to be morbidly obese by the end of the year.

Replies

• brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Personally, it helps if I give myself a "cheat day" every week. It's easier to eat clean and keep within my calorie goals Monday through Friday if I know that I'm going to have pizza and a few glasses of wine on Friday or Saturday. I'm hesitant to recommend this, though, because when my binge eating was more severe my cheat day would turn into an entire weekend of eating to the point that I was bloated and sick. I'm sorry that you're in this situation, because it's emotionally and physically so uncomfortable. Apart from using a cheat day, I use different mantras to keep myself from overeating. If I'm eating pizza, for example, and the binge-eating part of my brain wants to devour seven pieces, I'll tell myself, "I feel full. I've had enough. I can have more later if I want it. I don't need it right now." I repeat it to myself over and over and over until the urge to binge passes. I also visualize how uncomfortable I feel after a binge--bloated stomach, gallbladder pain, greasy face, gas, etc.--and contrast it with how much progress I've made and how good my body feels and looks when I eat reasonably. Finally, you may want to see a therapist if you aren't already. Mine told me that eating disorders, both binge eating and anorexia, are related to obsessive compulsive disorder. Part of what you're experiencing might be a chemical imbalance in your brain that makes you compulsively overeat. I hope that all of this helps. Feel free to add me if you want, or not. Good luck.