body image challenge/discussion

Options
NubianSpirit
NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
looking through the threads i noticed a trend (one that is most apparent where the "before" photos are concerned) i don't know if it's a human thing, or if it's a girl thing - but it seems to be that we are all overly prone to looking at a photo of ourselves and over analyzing all of the "bad" parts and glossing over all of the good parts. tricky as it may be to do, i think that we all need to learn to look at our bodies in a different, more positive way.

i have always been really negative on my lower body, specifically my broad hips and my huge thighs ... it's taken time (a lot of it) but i'm trying to teach myself to see the positive in my body as well. yes, my legs are big, but they are also strong and have carried me through 5 half marathons and several triathlons. my hips are broad, but without them i would not have womanly curves (heck, maybe at the end of all this my measurements will match those of marilyn monroe, and she was pretty damn hot).

here is my challenge to the group ... take one thing about your body that you're not so happy about and figure out a way to put a positive spin on it ... and if that's not possible than pick a different part to say something positive about. :flowerforyou:

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
~Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The part I dislike the most is the part that has given me the most important things in my life.
    My poochy belly, the spare typre, the jelly roll that I really struggle with.
    It started after my first daughter back in 2001, I had an emergency c-section and no matter what weight I am (been down to 7-12, which is 110) I've still had the pouch of saggy skin.
    Now, I'm a mum of 3 and needless to say my body currently isnt looking its best. I'm at least 12lb from where I'd like to be and very untoned and out of shape.

However....I have the greatest gift of 3 lovely children and so I have accepted in my heart that some parts of me wont ever look like they did when I was 18, but I can work on looking good and feeling better and being a good role model to my girls.
  • momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I struggle most with my jeans not fitting right, the waist is to tight but the thigh fits just right our the waist is just right but the crotch on my jeans is never ending...ugh! but when I do find a pair that fit, even though by booty has gotten bigger, it can look pretty sweet in the right pair of jeans. :blushing: at least thats what my hubby tell me. I :heart: my *kitten* man!:heart:
  • aristakat23
    aristakat23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The part of my body I need to accept is my back and stomach. I have to remember that with hard work and determination I can lose the fat.