Checking In

Options
apesid
apesid Posts: 135 Member
How's everyone doing so far in March? What are you struggling with? Any successes?

I'm planning on a binge free March. Who's in? :)

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    mini one last night but able to stop it before it got bad. today i have been pretty hungry all morning but i have been able to not let it get too bad
  • ieva012
    ieva012 Posts: 18
    Options
    i binged tonight :( really badly :( i think the total calorie for tonight would be somewhere between 2200-2700 kcal :((
  • MJ7910
    Options
    i binged tonight :( really badly :( i think the total calorie for tonight would be somewhere between 2200-2700 kcal :((

that's actually not too awful! i know i've had some over 3000 kcal easily!

EDIT: not to say it wasn't bad to you. i know when i'm in one it doesn't matter if it was a mini binge or huge one, it still feels bad for me.
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options

I'm sorry :(

How are you doing today?
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I would like to jump in the binge free march. my name is Katie. I'm 36 years old and a single mom of a 9 year old daughter. I have been dealing with this eating since age 9 but would cover it with excessive exersizing. I am 5"4 inches tall and weigh 200 pounds. in 1996 i weighed close to 300 pounds and wore a size 30W. I enrolled myself in a christian based Eating Disorder rehab program called In His Image.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I haven't been as active on the boards as I wanted to be lately...Monday was NOT a good day but the rest of the week is going well, thankfully. I'm so glad you all are here checking in - I am way overdue!!
    I would like a binge-free March...but I will have to take it one day at a time - I can't remember the last time that I went over a month without one binge.
    How's everyone doing today? So far so good for me! YAY! :smile:
  • MJ7910
    Options
    at this point i just want to make it through a week. once i do that, i'll try to go 2 weeks.
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Today is 11 days binge free for me. That hasn't happened in quite a while. I am just taking it one day at a time. I knew today was going to be a struggle when I wanted to eat my trigger foods first thing in the morning. I was able to stay in control by reminding myself how good abstinence feels. Each day I am binge free gives me more strength to resist the next temptation.

"Nothing tastes as good as abstinence feels!"
  • Keladry
    Keladry Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been semi-binging the past few days :( At least not on chocolate and chips etc, but on bread and cereal, past the point where I feel stuffed and full because I just wanted to eat and eat. I'm determined to be more disciplined on the weekend, and then it's a new week.
  • greekygirl
    Options
    Ugh, I feel the munchies coming on. Fridays at work are usually difficult for me. I think it's because it's quiet and a lot of people either don't work or leave early on Fridays and then I'm alone and bored and you know the rest. :mad:
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I feel the munchies coming on. Fridays at work are usually difficult for me. I think it's because it's quiet and a lot of people either don't work or leave early on Fridays and then I'm alone and bored and you know the rest. :mad:

Fridays are bad for me, too. We have at work what we call "Friday Feastings." Luckily no one brought in food, except part of a red velvet cake (my favorite!). I walked right by. I did eat M&Ms today but it was far from a binge (but I think that's only because there were only 28 left in the bag and I finished it off!!). I will still make calories today, I think.
    This makes me 7 days binge free.
    I have started setting 3 goals for myself for every day. After a horrible binge day last Friday, I made one of my goals for the next few days, "Avoid trigger foods." Then I changed it to just "avoid chocolate." I haven't had those goals in a few days and I've been OK. It's a fine line, though, because if I think everything is hunky-dory and I allow myself to have some of my trigger foods, it can be a slippery slope. I think as long as I continue to really put exercise and my overall health first instead of simply food, I'm in better shape.

All the best to everyone for a good weekend!
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Today is 11 days binge free for me. That hasn't happened in quite a while. I am just taking it one day at a time. I knew today was going to be a struggle when I wanted to eat my trigger foods first thing in the morning. I was able to stay in control by reminding myself how good abstinence feels. Each day I am binge free gives me more strength to resist the next temptation.

that is awesome! i have only made it since monday but hoping to make it a week.
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Struggling big time the last 2 days. :frown:
    I was binge free for 15 days. I thought I'd gotten to a really good place then I let myself have a couple of big beers and some bar food with friends on wednesday evening which led to an awful binge later that night. :embarassed: I've had incessant munchies and been giving in to the cravings for awful stuff ever since then. How does that happen?! I don't understand how my willpower was SO strong 3 days ago and now for the last 2 days it hardly exists at all! :cry:
  • InTheInbetween
    Options

Good thought! :heart:
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,818 Member
    Options
    nothing good here. My feb binges looked like child play compared to this week. I actually went to the store and got crap to eat at work. Basically since last Friday I have had 1 day which was good. The rest have been horrific. sheesh. Right now I am back to counting HOURS binge free vs days.... Where's an AA meeting when you need one.
  • InTheInbetween
    Options
    Right now I am back to counting HOURS binge free vs days.... Where's an AA meeting when you need one.

IKR?! Me too. :frown:
  • greekygirl
    Options
    I'm not sure what IKR is or if you are serious but there are AA, OA, FAA, all kinds of anonymous meetings online, constantly. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
  • InTheInbetween
    Options
    I'm not sure what IKR is or if you are serious but there are AA, OA, FAA, all kinds of anonymous meetings online, constantly. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

IKR is "I know right". Sorry, stupid text slang.
    I'm aware of the online OA and EDA meetings . . . the online aspect of them doesn't work so much for me unfortunately and to be completely honest i've been too chicken**** to show myself at the live meetings in my area. :embarassed:
  • MJ7910
    Options
    checking in again - have had a decent week. hoping to be able to control some of my eating. haven't really gone over calories but not to say i didn't eat a little more than i intended a few times. but that's ok. it's better than eating 1000 calories worth of something. so i feel like i've made some great progress this week. higher calorie intake overall seems to be the answer for me.
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Going camping after lunch today until Saturday afternoon. My only goals for the next few days are:

1. Eat as healthy as I can

2. No sugar (from lots of experience, even one bite does me in. Just have to stay away.) I'm taking some Kashi granola bars and yogurt to eat when I get a sweet tooth.

3. No bingeing

Wanted to start off the day with a good calorie burn (since I won't get any good burns while I'm away) so I did a 10 mile run this morning. I hope I can come home successful with my goals!