Seems like p90x is growing here

Options
mrnice1058
mrnice1058 Posts: 54 Member
I to started P90X but i was told not to do it everyday by my doctor. Only because he rather me do more cardio then anything with weights. I am doing the classic program so let see how i do!!

Replies

• CoachXthea
    CoachXthea Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    On the resistance days I run on lunch about 2 miles to get my cardio in. I'm 3 weeks into the program and dropping inches like crazy. I replace one meal a day with shakeology and it has made a big difference in my energy. Keep at it. If you need more support you can always hit me up @ beachbodycoach.com/Xthea
  • jclark17
    jclark17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't know, man...doctors are smart, but they have 'opinions' just like the rest of us. Do your research and do what YOU feel is best for you. Trust me, you get a TON of cardio doing the resistance programs in P90X. I wear a heart monitor...for example, I burned over 750 calories doing Chest/Back and AbRipper X yesterday. As long as your heart is pumping, it doesn't matter if it's from running, biking, or lifting weights IMO. PLUS, what man doesn't want some lean muscle mass and definition? And, what woman doesn't want a man with lean muscle mass and definition?

Just my opinion. Good luck!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting with the group on 3.19.12! I'm going to do it to the best of my ability. I've never done more than 2 weeks of it. But, this time, I'm going to work on consistency. Instead of trying to do it everyday (I'm still out of shape), my focus will be 4x a week for the entire 90 days. I look forward to seeing everyon'e progress!
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm not doctor, but I agree with jclark on this one. I wear a heart monitor too and I was suprised how many calories I burned on the strength training days. I think you'd be fine doing the program just as it is supposed to be done.
  • carlachristinewhite
    carlachristinewhite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I to started P90X but i was told not to do it everyday by my doctor. Only because he rather me do more cardio then anything with weights. I am doing the classic program so let see how i do!!

Your doctor is true, especially if you are losing weight, but P90X is a variety of program that also include cardio such as plyometrics and KenpoX. These workout helps in losing weight therefore you burn more calories there, but as you go on with the program, especially on strength training days, they allow you to burn calories as well and at the same time tone your body. See my profile to see the results I got by day 80. I am on my round 2 and don't have plans of quitting because I have not achieved the results I want, not musclewise but the tone I want together with the getting rid of the weight for good. Follow up on making a meal plan, it helps in building muscle and strength as well.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I agree completely with the quote below. You'll get tons of cardio in all of the routines. If you want to focus more on the cardio then do the Lean program.

If you focus too much on the cardio you will run into other problems like knee and ankle problems. When I first started trying to loose weight I focused on either walking, biking or hiking every day. I ended up getting tendonitis because I never gave my ankle time to recover.

By the time you get done, your doctor will be asking your advice!

I don't know, man...doctors are smart, but they have 'opinions' just like the rest of us. Do your research and do what YOU feel is best for you. Trust me, you get a TON of cardio doing the resistance programs in P90X. I wear a heart monitor...for example, I burned over 750 calories doing Chest/Back and AbRipper X yesterday. As long as your heart is pumping, it doesn't matter if it's from running, biking, or lifting weights IMO. PLUS, what man doesn't want some lean muscle mass and definition? And, what woman doesn't want a man with lean muscle mass and definition?

Just my opinion. Good luck!