Introductions!

Options
msmith2020
msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
Hello! My name is Melissa and I started this group. I recently broke up with weight watchers to find myself back here, again with myfitness pal. I dont know why I stopped using this place anyways, its great, lots of community out threre to support you and its free. So! About the group, please introduce yourselves and talk all about yourself and any games you use on the wii for fitness!

I currently use the EA Active and am on day 2 of the 30 day challenge!

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Hello! I don't use my Wii religously, but when I'm looking to mix it up, I hop on my balance board. I've found my two favorite workouts are Boxing (HOLY COW is that a workout!) and Hula Hooping! I don't have a ton of games, so I'm working with what I have. I guess I should really start using it more since I'm looking for more workouts!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Susan and I haven't been using my Wii like I did when I first got it. I really need to add it back into the rotation. I like a lot of the games and have Zumba ( which I have no coordination for!) and Jillian Michaels 2010 fitness challenge along with The Biggest Loser. I like all these.
  • PJChick730
    Options
    I just got EA Active 2 on Friday and started a 3 week challenge. I did day 1 on Friday and because of the way they set up the schedule, Saturday was supposed to be a rest day. Well since I had just gotten the game, of course I wanted to play it on Saturday. Big mistake. After doing it 3 days in a row my body is aching. Luckily I just have to get through tonight and have a rest day tomorrow.

I definitely recommend this one. During each training day you do about 30 exercises (that includes 2-3 warm up and 2-3 cool down) and its definite workout. Its only $10 at Walmart right now.
  • kacierra
    kacierra Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have a wii system & the following programs: wii fit plus, the biggest loser challenge, & aerobic step workout. The problem is that I don't know how to use them. The only one I've used is wii fit plus & all I do with it is to weigh myself. Can anybody help me with instructions?
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Leigh, 42 (female). I have been using my Wii since Wii fit and board first came out, but used it for physio purposes first so sessions were short and slow!

This last year I have been able to build up the amount of time I can exercise for and do games that give a better cardio workout to burn more calories and have lost nearly 3 stone since last june!

I have some physical restrictions to what I can do and am wheelchair user. I'm always looking for games that can be adapted and played from sitting or done another way.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have a wii system & the following programs: wii fit plus, the biggest loser challenge, & aerobic step workout. The problem is that I don't know how to use them. The only one I've used is wii fit plus & all I do with it is to weigh myself. Can anybody help me with instructions?

just switch it on and instead of going into body test to weigh yourself, choose the training, then you can choose from games or yoga and muscle. or choose the wii fit plus button to use the little pre-made routines for specific areas ie tummy, hips, etc.
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I too am a Wii user as well. I've been using my Wii off and on for the last few years. Recently, I started have problems with my balance board when calculating my weight. It tells me I'm 10-15 lbs lighter than what I really am. Has anyone had any issues with theirs? I wonder if I should re-calibrate it or if I need to purchase a new one.

Looking forward to this team as I'd like to see what programs people are using. I have Wii Fit Plus, My Fitness Coach, Biggest Loser Challenge, Michael Jackson, Let's Dance, Zumba 1 and EA Active.
  • shellyac_1
    Options
    Hi,

I have Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus, all of the Just Dance games, Michael Jackson Experience, and EA Active 1 and 2. I definitely recommend the EA Active games, they can really kick your butt. I especially like EA Active 2 because it has a heart monitor built in as well as a sensor in the leg strap so it is wireless, the only down side is that since you don't hold on to the control it has a tendency to go sleep sometimes in the middle of an exercise so you just need to get in the habit of hitting a button in between each exercise to prevent it from happening.

Michelle
  • shellyac_1
    Options
    I too am a Wii user as well. I've been using my Wii off and on for the last few years. Recently, I started have problems with my balance board when calculating my weight. It tells me I'm 10-15 lbs lighter than what I really am. Has anyone had any issues with theirs? I wonder if I should re-calibrate it or if I need to purchase a new one.

Is your board on carpet when you're getting the wrong reading? I've found that I had to move the board to solid ground to get it to register the correct weight.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I use Wii fit every day for an hour or more and row on an ERG for 15 - 30 minutes. Just bought EA Active 2 and joined a gym over the weekend to add some additional cardio machines ane weight training. Been going strong since January 10th when I (not the bone doctor) judged my ankle healed enough to start exercising after almost a year of total inactivity other than surgeries and bone "knitting". Best of luck to everyone in reaching your lifestyle goals!
  • momma2lucasnbella
    Options
    i am on day 2 of wii. i also am doing treadmill, and elliptical but do wii fit and wii active daily. i am a sahm of 2,35yrs old. :) in florida
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Renee, I do use my wii often...I tend to rotate between the Wii and my walking/aerobics DVD's
    I have Wii fit plus--EA--EA more workouts-Zumba2(haven't tried yet)--Summer Dance and Broadway Dance and ExerBeat...

My favorite is the step aerobics...the dance ones I have only tried once so i'm looking forward to doing them more
  • 2jayjaysmom
    Options

Is aerobic step a game by it self?
  • territbo
    territbo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi All, My name is Terry and when I first got the wii and wii fit board I used it everyday. But its been quite awhile now. Time to dust it off and get going again.
  • penelopiad
    Options
    Hi all! I got the wii fit plus and balance board a little over a month ago. I use it 3-4 days a week. I am thinking about getting the active 2 game.
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Well I am glad to meet everyone! I'm also very glad to see some people are dusting off their wii's and bringing them back into play! :happy:

I have the EA Active, I dont recommend it, but it looks like EA Active 2 is good, Mine I have lots of trouble the numbchuck when its in my leg strap registering at all, I even held it in my hand to show that I was squatting, and I was trust me!! lol I had to stop after 11 mins bc it wasn't registering anything I was doing, so instead of doing 12-14 squats I did like 25 and i was SORE!

in about 2 weeks I get to buy Wii Fit Plus with the balancing board so I am really excited!!

I'm thinking about getting the zumba game as well as Walk it Out. :smile:
  • 2jayjaysmom
    Options
    Well I am glad to meet everyone! I'm also very glad to see some people are dusting off their wii's and bringing them back into play! :happy:

I have the EA Active, I dont recommend it, but it looks like EA Active 2 is good, Mine I have lots of trouble the numbchuck when its in my leg strap registering at all, I even held it in my hand to show that I was squatting, and I was trust me!! lol I had to stop after 11 mins bc it wasn't registering anything I was doing, so instead of doing 12-14 squats I did like 25 and i was SORE!

in about 2 weeks I get to buy Wii Fit Plus with the balancing board so I am really excited!!

I'm thinking about getting the zumba game as well as Walk it Out. :smile:

Might be your numbchck...I have no issues with mine but I have to admit I do the EA more games the most...You will love the Wii fit plus/balance board...I just tried zumba2 last night and it gave me a good workout--I only lasted 2 songs but i'm gonna keep pushing until I can do the entire workout
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm Lucas and I have a Wii Fit Plus as well as Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort...I love the Wii Fit but I find that its hard to do with my 3 year old son (he's always wanting to mess with the board while I'm on it)
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucas. Good luck with that - based on my kids that could go on for years LOL :happy:
  • BiancaC73
    BiancaC73 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Bianca. I use the Wii to do the Just Dance 3 Sweat Mode routine. It works up quite a sweat. I usually do a 30 min non stop routine at a time.