New hope

vegansara
vegansara Posts: 192 Member
Hey guys, just wanted to spread the word - trying some new things that seem to be helping my knees. I have patella alta with a lateral patellar tilt.

First, I did an elimination diet with a nutritionist and we found that I am gluten sensitive, so I've cut down on gluten to reduce the inflammatory response in my knees.

I also got a second opinion from a sports medicine doc and he recommended getting Active Release Technology and physical therapy, and the guy I went to for ART is also doing the Graston Method. We found that my piriformis and small glutes, as well as my VMO muscles weren't firing, which is attributing to the tracking issues with my knees. Anyway, just wanted to pass this along in case any of you are feeling stuck with your knee issues. I really wish I hadn't waited a year to get a second opinion!

Replies

• mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Glad you got that second opinion! Please keep us posted. I too am trying to go gluten free, all I read about is the inflammation it causes and how the wheat that is grown today has been modified from years ago. Good luck!
  • Do you know if Active Release Technology is interchangeable with Muscle Activation Techniques?
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Well I completed my PT and basically my knee issues are because of weak gluteal muscles. Need to continue with orthotics.