Best tasting protein mixes?

Options
Jessica1274
Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
What are some of your favorite protein mixes? I would love to find one that tastes good and isn't chalky.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I love Dr. Mercola Pure power protein...all natural from organic grass fed cows.

A cheaper good one is jillian micheals.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    I love Dr. Mercola Pure power protein...all natural from organic grass fed cows.

Thanks
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I like Jay Robb Vanilla Whey. It is sourced from grass fed cows not treated with rBGH and has a very short ingredient list...just 5 items :)
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I like Jay Robb Vanilla Whey. It is sourced from grass fed cows not treated with rBGH and has a very short ingredient list...just 5 items :)

Oh I think I will try that one when mine is done! The only thing is pure power has lots of chia seeds which is how I get in my fiber:-) When I run short though I will give it a go and put in chia myself...hah! It is about the same price...
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Oh I think I will try that one when mine is done! The only thing is pure power has lots of chia seeds which is how I get in my fiber:-) When I run short though I will give it a go and put in chia myself...hah! It is about the same price...

It's pretty tasty with almond milk, but just okay with water. I'm always looking for ways to get in more fiber (I shoot for 40+ grams/day). Great that pure power has it mixed in...that might actually make it more cost effective! Will have to look around for it.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love my whey to buid muscles. Choc. penut butter, taste wonderful and mixes without clumps. Has 120 calories and 20 grams of protien.
  • ANewLucia
    Options

It's pretty tasty with almond milk, but just okay with water. I'm always looking for ways to get in more fiber (I shoot for 40+ grams/day). Great that pure power has it mixed in...that might actually make it more cost effective! Will have to look around for it.

Trish Dr. Mercola Pure Power Protein is only sold online. I pay like $110 w/ shipping (auto ship) and I got a free mixer too (LOVE IT) for 3 containers... www.mercola.com
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just buy EAS Myoplex from my local Walmart in the pre-mixed servings. I still make protein shakes with other ingredients sometimes I just pour it in instead of mixing powder. I've also used Body Fortess powder from Walmart before and it was good. But I'm lazy and like to have the premixed Myoplex...I've also used Muscle Milk before.
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    Trish Dr. Mercola Pure Power Protein is only sold online. I pay like $110 w/ shipping (auto ship) and I got a free mixer too (LOVE IT) for 3 containers... www.mercola.com

Gulp....pretty pricey. How long does that last? Do you use every time you work out? Or only when you lift?

Thanks for the help!
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I bought some Premier Nutrition Chocolate Milkshake at Sam's Club. It is a little gritty, but it has a good taste, plus 30g of protein. I bought some Jillian Michaels in vanilla. I don't care for it as much, but I think it would be good in recipes.
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Gulp....pretty pricey. How long does that last? Do you use every time you work out? Or only when you lift?

Thanks for the help!

I drink it to get in protein throughout theday and most def after wkouts. Yes it is pricey but it is all natural from grass feed cows..so important to me. Plus the chia seeds r so good for you adding 8 gr prot per serving, plus it has probiotics too I believe.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Oh 3 last me 4 mos approx. Drinking anywhere from 2-4 servings pr day.
  • LoriInIowa
    Options

Glad to hear that! I thought that $$ was a *month's* supply. :)

How is the sugar content of the Dr. Mercola's? I'm wondering what it would do to my blood sugar.

Thanks!
    Lori
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Glad to hear that! I thought that $$ was a *month's* supply. :)

How is the sugar content of the Dr. Mercola's? I'm wondering what it would do to my blood sugar.

Thanks!
    Lori

Go to www.mercola.com and look for the pure power protein powder. He doesn't sweeten with sugar...think stevia and something else. 14carbs. Go check out the site he has a few dff protein powders.
  • LoriInIowa
    Options
    Will do! Thanks!
  • doublezizzle
    doublezizzle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use GNC's AMP Whey Powder. So far, I've used Vanilla and Banana Cream. Both taste very good and they aren't too chalky. If you have a GNC Gold Card, you can get 20% during the first week of every month. So you can get a large container for about $50-$55.

3 scoops = 280 calories and 60g of protein...
  • Jessica1274
    Options

I ordered some of this tonight. I'm having awful bloating and gas, I think from the artificial sweeteners. It's that or the milk I'm mixing it with, and normally I can drink milk fine.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

I like the Jay Robb Chocolate Whey w/ almond milk. I use the Vanilla in my smoothies. I have tried a couple other brands which are just sitting in my cabinets.

Anyone w/ suggestions for low carb high protein bars?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am using this one: http://www.pharmaca.com/Powders/Pharmaca-Whey-Protein-Powder-Drink-Mix-Vanilla-Flavor---Low-Carb---No-Growth-Hormones-1-LB/469925/5013-5089-5371/Product

It tastes a little milkshake-y so it has been an adjustment for me in my smoothies (I generally used plain yogurt in smoothies, and no sweetener or around a teaspoon.). I add lots of lemon or lime to cut down on the sweetness, but my tolerance for sweetness gets lower and lower every year, so I think soda is too sweet and usually drink juice, coconut water, gatorade, vitamin water in with 75% water. :P
  • gonzohazel
    gonzohazel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love Jay Robb Vanilla also. Buy it off www.smartbodynutrition.com. They have great prices. I have always received my order promptly.