Anyone completed or near completed all stages?? Success Stor

Options
I am about to do my third workout of Stage 1 today & I'm concerned that the workouts are to short. I’m used to going to the gym 4-6 times a week and doing half hour cardio and half hour mid sort of weights each visit. I really need to gain muscle to slow down the effect of Rheumatoid Arthritis on my joints - I hit a plateau however, and this encouraged me to try lifting heavier lifting – and so I purchased NROL4W.

Weight is not a huge problem for me – I’m 5ft 3 and weigh 122lb – so slightly chubby, but not over weight. I’m aiming, initially, for a body fat percentage of 23% as opposed to my current 26% - but starving myself thin in not for me – I want to stay about the same weight but lose fat and gain muscle.

With these goals in mind – has anyone completed or near completed all stages that can tell me the likelihood that my goal will be reached using the NROL4W 3 times a week following a 15 minute warm up run? I also do 1 hour of cardio on 3 of my 4 nights off (but no weights) and I rest one day.

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I suggest you check each stage thread here in this group. The workouts are short only in stage 1, then they get way long-like 90min. in some stages. I'm almost done with stage 7. I've been up and down the same 5 lbs. throughout the program, gained a lot of strength and dropped a size in jeans. Heavy weights will help you loose body fat, you may gain few lbs, but your clothes will fit better and you may go down on size. Do your cardio after the weights or on non lifting days. Good luck to you!
  • heathercochrane
    Options
    Thanks for that :D very reassuring.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Wow- sorry but just picked out that at 5ft 3 & 122lb u think you're slightly chubby!! I am around the same (119) and always thought 122 is ideal, you've given me a complex now!
  • heathercochrane
    Options
  • heathercochrane
    Options
    Wow- sorry but just picked out that at 5ft 3 & 122lb u think you're slightly chubby!! I am around the same (119) and always thought 122 is ideal, you've given me a complex now!

We may be totally different shapes. My arms and legs are like skinny little pins :-( all my weight is carried on my mid section, giving me a chubby middle - maybe you're just better proportioned that me.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    90 minute workout sessions! That sounds extreme. I heard the maximum for weight lifting should always be 45-60 minutes.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thats counting the rest periods and HIIT training.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    heather, I believe NROL4W will reduce your body fat by the percentage you seek. Be careful to NOT do too much cardio. If you want body fat loss, then making sure ALL your energy is put into LIFTING HEAVY will likely reshape your body in the way you want.
  • heathercochrane
    Options
    heather, I believe NROL4W will reduce your body fat by the percentage you seek. Be careful to NOT do too much cardio. If you want body fat loss, then making sure ALL your energy is put into LIFTING HEAVY will likely reshape your body in the way you want.

Thanks you
  • aliciakay3086
    aliciakay3086 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I finished up the program in January of this year. I was pretty thin before I started from years of running and starving but it was "skinny fat" with zero definition.

I gained 6 pounds and I believe most of that is muscle. I'm firmer all over and curvier-looking - I have a firm, curvy butt now - before it was a saggy mess. LOL.

My advice would be to chill on the cardio - if you're doing it right, NROLFW will take ALL your energy as Beeps said. And EAT, especially protein.
  • heathercochrane
    Options
    I finished up the program in January of this year. I was pretty thin before I started from years of running and starving but it was "skinny fat" with zero definition.

I gained 6 pounds and I believe most of that is muscle. I'm firmer all over and curvier-looking - I have a firm, curvy butt now - before it was a saggy mess. LOL.

My advice would be to chill on the cardio - if you're doing it right, NROLFW will take ALL your energy as Beeps said. And EAT, especially protein.

Thanks for that :D I am taking a protien shake (sci-mx) two scoops after each workout - as my diet lacked protien. Good news on the butt ;)