IN my first 6 months post-op I..............

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
fill me in, i am hungry for knowledge, my surg is next week, RNY. Iam nervous, lol....but what happened to you in that 6 mo, how much did you lose how did you feel, any regrets or giddy with excitement? Probs, complications, how many of you lost hair, that freaks me out although I know its possible.

Replies

• jmurphyaz
    jmurphyaz Posts: 35
    Options
    It's like having a baby, no matter how much we try and tell you, you won't really know until it happens. Everyone is different and I would suggest not to dwell on the what-ifs and the circumstances around anyone else's experience. It so much depends on your body and you surgeon. Go in with that excitement that you are taking your life back - an empowered decision! Trust me it will ALL be worth it!
  • mfisher16508
    Options
    I know, I just just .....am soooooo nervous, I even emailed the coordinator a list of questions, I like to be in control of certain things I guess....I dont know, but I do know you are right,,,,,I took my life back the day I made this decision, now I have to carry on, strong and proud....

thank you
  • freakingenius
    freakingenius Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i am almost 3 months post op... i've lost 59 pounds since my surgery date, my body has completely changed (in good ways and bad).

skin is sagging, things are heading south..... *ahem*..... that part sucks!

now the awesome part... i can run, i can bike, i can walk without pain.... i find myself glancing at mirrors as i walk by and think "wait, is that ME??" or i'll notice holding my arms out further from my body, because that is where they *used* to rest, but now they fall straight down instead of out to the sides... less stomach to rest on...

the post op diet seemed like it took forever to go through, but looking back on it, the whole process flew by. my hair is falling out a little bit. i increased my biotin to 5000 mcgs daily and it has drastically slowed the shedding. i'm starting to get some wrinkles in my face (SO not cool, but the least of my worries).

the whole sagging skin thing is on my worry list right now, i've got the melted candle look going on right now =/ whatever.. i'd rather be saggy than back at 346 pounds!

mentally, my head is clear & my thoughts are positive. i suffered from severe depression for years, but now is the first time in my adult life that i can say i not only don't hate myself... i love who i am and what i'm becoming. <3

you will go on your own journey, enjoy every moment of it! take lots of before/during/after photos! ENJOY SHOPPING FOR NEW CLOTHES!!!! =))
  • mfisher16508
    Options
    I mentioned to my hubby he will be in trouble when I start losing, he asked why and I said, you think I have a shopping prob now, just you wait.....lmao!!!!!