Video: Strength training & Fat Loss for 40+

Options
31prvrbs
31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
If you're curious about whether or not your needs change as you age, and why/how to incorporate weight training into your routine, or just looking for a new routine to switch things up at the gym......

This link includes a pretty thorough video and accompanying workout plan:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-over40-fat-loss/training

Replies

• trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the share! I'll be hitting the big 4-0 in a few weeks:drinker:
  • 31prvrbs
    Options
    I just realized that there are different videos on every page of the article, lol. So one vid for the intro, one for training, one for nutrition, etc.

Pretty cool.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    If you're curious about whether or not your needs change as you age, and why/how to incorporate weight training into your routine, or just looking for a new routine to switch things up at the gym......

This link includes a pretty thorough video and accompanying workout plan:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-over40-fat-loss/training

Great resource! Another potential resource: The same authors of "Lift Like A Man/Look Like A Goddess" wrote another book to be published this April: "The New Rules for Lifting for Life: All New Muscle Builder, Fat Blaster Plan for Men and Women Who Want to Ace Their Midlife Exams."
  • 31prvrbs
    Options

Great resource! Another potential resource: The same authors of "Lift Like A Man/Look Like A Goddess" wrote another book to be published this April: "The New Rules for Lifting for Life: All New Muscle Builder, Fat Blaster Plan for Men and Women Who Want to Ace Their Midlife Exams."

Oh, yes, I know! I've been waiting for that one! Can't wait ;)
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options

Oh, yes, I know! I've been waiting for that one! Can't wait ;)

According to the book publisher's blurb, Lou Schuler commented that his inspiration for the book was that he found he could not as effectively follow his own earlier work out publications so voila-- acing midlife exams!